November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Zuniga (gliden2) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northwest
About Me Ultralite backcountry enthusiast and traveler! I enjoy big mile days on the trail, MLD gear, and keeping things simple and minimal while pushing the limits. After a failed attempt on the TRT(Tahoe rim trail) last summer, I plan on going back again this year for redemtion and completing it in under 5 days.
My PDF Gear ListTRT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Zuniga

Showing 131 - 140 of 222 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re:WTB: A Bivy...
Hey Ben, Have you checked out bivysack's by Oware? Very quality products at a great price! I have used the Cattarp 2 and the Dixon double bivy on trips with my fiance with great success! Spe...

In Gear Swap » WTB: A Bivy...
June 12, 10:27am

Get a Murmur
I went through the same back and forth battle of which SUL pack and ended up going with the Murmur. This has been my go to bag since. I really like the fact that the Murmur came fully loaded with a...

In GEAR » gg murmur dislikes
June 12, 9:54am

Re:dog + wet + cold
Hey Evan, These are the steps we go thru with our 3.5 year old-60 lb Lab, Rot, Australlian Shepard Nox to keep him warm=) >We usually wipe him down for starters with a pack towel. >Then ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » dog + wet + cold
June 10, 5:12pm

Re: TRT Temps
Here's the current trail conditions for the TRT The following areas are mostly clear of snow: Spooner Summit to Snow Valley Peak ( a few partial snow patches that are easily traversible) ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » snow in Desolation?
June 10, 3:51pm

I have noticed a slightly wetter back when using the Murmur, but nothing major. Most SUL/UL rucksacks don't have mesh on the back panel; In fact my Conduit and Pinnacle don't have mesh eit...

In GEAR » gg murmur dislikes
June 10, 1:14pm

Re: Marmot Atom

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Atom
June 10, 10:41am

FS: Marmot Atom
Lynn, Sent you a message=) -Aaron

June 10, 8:30am

Great bag needs new owner to hike with=)

June 09, 11:18pm

RE:Tahoe Rim Trail Unsupported
Aaron, Wow! Sub 56 hours is unthinkable for me=) You da Man!Good luck! I didn't see shelter in your list...really? Thats a lot of Gu and Gels; i can usually only stomach 1 or 2 a day. I do...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Tahoe Rim Trail Unsupported
June 09, 10:18am

Bump please=)

June 09, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Zuniga

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
-This Review is based purely on service since i haven't recieved my quilt yet... I will add a a more extensive review once i have had some time with it in the field. The guys at Jack's R Be...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 11:24am

Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket
This thing really shines in soo many ways. It's slim fit keeps the core warm nicely preventing convective heat loss- great for boosting temps in your sleep system, and wearing during breaks-or col...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 25, 3:44pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These are a great feelin, lightweight base layer. I have used them under wind and insulated pants with great success, and they never get stinky! The only downside is they run and tear a little too eas...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 2:28am

Oware Dixon Double Bivy
This review is on the Oware Dixon Double Bivy. I had been in the market for a double bivy for a long time but couldn't find too many options out there! I had seen the Double Vapr Bivy Sack @ BPL...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
February 09, 7:23pm