BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 131 - 140 of 1450 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...145

Forum » Thread

Good news
There's ads on the right side of the page for anti malware software. Create a problem then offer to solve it.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL ads and malware?
November 22, 6:50pm

Appearances can be deceiving
I'm sure there are plenty of folks that saw me out trail running the Huntington/Tuckermans Ravine Loop last August. I had a small fanny pack and was running with shorts and no shirt. I am sur...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 'Ill-equipped' hikers plucked by helicopter from North Shore mountains
November 20, 1:22pm

Which trail
I would do tarp/bivy but even more likely, mid/bivy for the western trails. I would potentially switch out the bivy for a bug inner starting at TM on the PCT through OR and switch back to bivy in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Never used a tarp. Deciding to use it for a long distance hike...
November 19, 11:15am

Re: Re: Watch zipper bags
Were those biodegradable bags? That would explain a few things. --B.G.-- No they were standard small zipper bags, maybe 1.5"x3" from Walmart.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Taking good parmesan cheese on the trail
November 18, 6:41pm

Watch zipper bags
I packed out Parmesan cheese for my thru hike and it literally ate the small zipper bags. It looked like they were shredded. At first I thought an animal did it but everyone of my resupplies had ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Taking good parmesan cheese on the trail
November 18, 5:53pm

face Plant
I was cruising on the PCt in WA when my shoe got caught on a poity root, ripping the fabric and nearly ripping the toe off. It was a complete face plant even with poles. Nothing hurt other than p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » seattlebackpackersmagazine: Trail Accident
November 17, 7:42pm

A different look
You are defining economy in such a way to cause you the dilemna. To illustrate I will share a similiar dilemna on winter camping gear. I want the lightest weight optimized gear for each season. ...

In GEAR » Balancing vanity, utility, and economy
November 16, 9:36am

How to pick a campsite
Hike to you see a cool place or until you're tired then stop.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need suggestion in campsite selection along JMT
November 15, 7:08pm

Myth
The crowds are a myth. Will you see people, yes. Crowds? No. And there are things you can do to minimize it. Start hiking at sunrise and you will have the trail to yourself. Hike in the evening...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Is the JMT "crowded"?
November 15, 3:49pm

Re: Re: Sharing (Or Not) Locations and Logistics on the Web.
"BTW, I am going hiking in Louisiana in a couple of weeks -- any advice on alligators?" Yeah, don't get eaten. There is no limit to super cool places and routes that connect the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sharing (Or Not) Locations and Logistics on the Web.
November 12, 10:32am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.