BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 131 - 140 of 1413 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...142

Forum » Thread

Wow
Quite surprised with your experience. I have found the xtherm to be a little slice of heaven, comfortable and by far the warmest pad I have used. Please post what you end up using in the end. Ver...

In GEAR » Sleep comfort: Neoair Alternative?
October 03, 7:34pm

Best write up
I've seen for a while on the subject http://blistergearreview.com/features/outerwear-101

In GEAR » Understanding rain gear materials?
September 30, 12:35pm

Re: Re: Sierra Cup
"I always thought the Sierra Club was the worst design ever. You cannot drink from one without spilling all over. They don't hold much. Anything hot poured into one gets cold almost instan...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sierra Cup
September 29, 6:50pm

Re: What would be your ultimate backpacking adventure?
For a single extended BPing trip I would seriously look at a PCT/CDT loop. I think Skurka did this, Great western loop. I have looked at his route down south but there have been a number of hiker...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What would be your ultimate backpacking adventure?
September 29, 4:28pm

Frameless
23 lbs PROPERLY PACKED is no problem for a frameless pack IMHO. Over 25 lbs become a bit cumbersome but in your example you drop two lbs a day plus up to 4 lbs of water weight. Don't just look...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My food and water weight conundrum...
September 24, 6:24pm

Agree with Aaron
I would get a mid with bug inner. You are not likely to have fresh snow, you will likely have miles and miles of consolidated snow. The last thing I would worry about with your schedule is a snow...

In GEAR » UL Tents good in light - medium snow
September 24, 6:18pm

Re: Re: 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
"There is also that little loop that goes by Rae Lakes (in the Sierra). Although April is not the time for that one." I did the loop in April '10 in heavy snow with snowshoes. Had...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
September 22, 4:10pm

Re: Durability of Salomon trail runners
I have gone through no fewer than five pairs of XA 3d ultras over the last three years. I would give them about the same durability as LaSportiva wildcats, brooks Cascadias and other Salomon produ...

In GEAR » Durability of Salomon trail runners
September 16, 7:14pm

Great trip
I am highly considering doing a similarly paced trip next summer. The part of the world is just drop dead gorgeous. Glad your trip worked out as almost planned.

In Post-Trip Reports » 6 DAYS AND 200 MILES ON THE JOHN MUIR TRAIL
September 16, 7:05pm

Re: "My (failed) attempt at a SHR section."
""Problem solved"...umm, I'd still suggest going in for that cardio work up. Not painful--no pain at all!--not expensive. Certainly good for peace of mind and crossing things off...

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 11, 8:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.