Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

George Geist (geist) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me George Geist has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Geist

Showing 131 - 140 of 163 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Re: tape UV exposure test
Hi Michael, Thanks to your tests, we know to run the reinforcing tape on the inside of the tent fabric. As a winter project I am pondering building a Jay Ham "5 yards to SUL" tarp u...

In Philmont » Homemade tents
December 01, 7:09pm

Re: Homemade tent - materials exposure test
Hi Michael, Thanks for the UV tests on the material and two types of tape. It is good to see the LDPE Space Blanket material holds up. I suspect mylar Space Blanket would also hold up well, sinc...

In Philmont » Homemade tents
November 28, 9:32pm

Re: Sleep Clothes?
My sleep cloths were a 3oz pair of Terramar boxers that I kept packed in my 30 degree sleeping bag until bedtime. My tent mate (the scout master) slept in his light weight long handles - top and...

In Philmont » Sleep Clothes?
October 21, 8:11pm

Re: Foil Heat Blanket
Hi Lucas, Check out the BPL Forum "Philmont - Homemade Tents" for some innovative construction ideas with foil heat blankets

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap
October 19, 10:11pm

Re: painters drop cloth
> Would a painters drop cloth work for the week, > or would I need something more substantial? I used a 0.8 mil paint drop cloth on our Philmont trek this past July and it held up fine ...

In Philmont » Duomid for philmont
October 10, 12:23pm

Re: Duomid for philmont
Technically the Philmont rules do not preclude you using a floorless tent on your trek and there are quite a number of folks (including myself last summer) who used floorless tents at Philmont. ...

In Philmont » Duomid for philmont
October 08, 8:21pm

Re: Camp Chair multi-use
And if you don't want to strap a Sling-light chair to your backpack, you can turn a Sling-Light chair into your backpack, saving even more weight. Here are views of Chair-e-it as a camp c...

In Multiple Use Gear » Camp Chair
October 04, 4:13pm

Efficient, lightweight Philmont bear rope system
Our Troop designed an efficient bear bagging system for our 2009 Philmont Trek that meets the following seven goals: 1. To create a system where a single person could raise and lower the bear b...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Bear Safety - A Conversational Guide for Scouts
October 01, 9:13pm

Re: Scout First Aid kits
Nice list Tad, The one other first aid item I make sure we have on outings is something for stomach ache -- from the scouts eating their own cooking! Usually just a few TUMS and/or Pepto Bismol ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Scout First Aid kits
October 01, 8:45pm

Re: Camp Chair
For the weight of a monarch chair you can get a Sling-light chair and be able to lay back and take an afternoon nap in camp. For those interested in multi-use items, a Sling-light chair can be c...

In Multiple Use Gear » Camp Chair
September 30, 10:00pm

All Reader Reviews by George Geist

George Geist has posted no reviews.