BPL Community Profile

Gabe Joyes (gabe_joyes) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Lander, WY
About Me I live at the base of the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my wife and dog. I love to hike all over the Greater Yellowstone area. Our goal is to lighten our packs so that we can go as far as we can, as fast as we can. I currently work for an alternative high school and NOLS.
CityLander
StateWY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gabe Joyes

Showing 131 - 140 of 240 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

small bivy
My wife is 5'5" and Mountain Laurel Designs made a custom 5'6" Superlight Bivy for her. I think they would make it any size you want. Good luck!

In GEAR » Women's Bivy Sacks
June 29, 2:29pm

relax
I just got a Jam, and I really like it so far. Besides the Jam being a good pack, I appreciate how I was able to order the Jam from a website that had a sale, free shipping, free return shipping, ...

In GEAR » Notes on the 2011 Jam
June 29, 7:18am

Fiddlers Lake
The Loop Road to Fiddlers Lake is not open yet, but I would think it will be very soon. Its supposed to be almost 90 here in Lander the next two days, so there should be major melting.

In Fishing » Wind River Range in July
June 27, 11:34am

MSR
The Hyperflow appears to be spoken for.

In Gear Swap » FS: Osprey Aether 70, TNF Thunder, MSR Hyperflow
June 26, 9:42pm

dead forum....?
IF its still available I think I'll take it!

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Jam2 - older model
June 26, 3:34pm

FS: Osprey Aether 70, TNF Thunder, MSR Hyperflow
Osprey Aether 70 (Osprey packcover included) - Men's Medium - $160 Excellent condition The North Face Thunder Jacket - Men's Small - $100 This is the newest version that has had ze...

In Gear Swap » FS: Osprey Aether 70, TNF Thunder, MSR Hyperflow
June 26, 2:35pm

Lots and lots of snow
Big Sandy TH is melted out and should be open. But, it is pretty darn snowy anywhere above that. Its supposed to be warm here this week so you never know. Good luck.

In Fishing » Wind River Range in July
June 21, 1:06pm

my two cents
I think I agree, R1 sounds overkill for hiking/climbing. I wear an R1 underneath a shell when I am skiing in January. That being said, I would take a down or synthetic jacket for at camp. R1 shi...

In GEAR » Help picking a insulating layer
June 21, 1:01pm

thank you
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the information. Anyone else's opinion would be great!

In GEAR » 60 gram primaloft jacket warmth?
June 19, 3:28pm

60 gram primaloft jacket warmth?
Has anybody used a a 60 gram primaloft jacket like the Rab Xenon, Patagonia Nanopuff, or Arc'teryx Atom LT? I'm looking at using one primarily as a camp jacket, making meals, etc. At roug...

In GEAR » 60 gram primaloft jacket warmth?
June 19, 11:07am

All Reader Reviews by Gabe Joyes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Talon 44
All of the Osprey Talon packs are just plain comfortable. For all of the features the Talon 44 packs, I think its weight is actually pretty amazing. Sure you could get a lighter pack, but for the co...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 13, 12:49pm

The North Face Hydrogen Jacket (2008 Model)
This was the lightest wind breaker I could find with a full-zip and no hood. The men's comes in at 2.9 oz. and the women's at 2.4 oz. Blocks the wind wonderfully and is pretty breathable. T...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 13, 12:36pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I love this bag. Lofts up wicked fast, never leaks feathers, packs small (for a 20 degree bag), spot on temp rating for me and my wife. The regular length definitely runs a bit short, I'm 5&#...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 13, 11:15am