Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Raquel Rascal (flutingaround) - BPL Guest

My Locale Rocky Mtn. West
About Me An outdoors girl in Denver, CO. I have a love for skiing, snowshoeing and backpacking and want to venture into other mountain sports--backcountry skiing? I just took a winter camping course with the CMC last year. I have started to get back pain with a heavier load, so I want to lighten up and meet others in my area with the same mentality.
CityDenver
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Raquel Rascal

Showing 131 - 140 of 247 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

what Andy says...
I've been thinking about your problem some more too, and how I can apply the lessons learned to myself. I think the Andy Kirkpatrick blog post that Nick posted is a really good one. I'm...

In GEAR » what am i doing wrong (AKA I am cold and wet :(
November 06, 8:29am

insulated wind shirt?
Maybe step up to an insulated wind shirt like the Marmot Ether with Driclime? Also, consider carrying a chemical body warmer to place on your cold spots. I usually place mine on my torso area. ...

In GEAR » what am i doing wrong (AKA I am cold and wet :(
November 05, 7:42am

thanks Gary
that's what I suspected, so I did go ahead and buy the set. My BD Gizmo crapped out in 5* temps, so I'm hoping these will cut it. Thanks for the comparison!

In Gear Swap » Fenix flashlights in the cold?
November 04, 10:01am

Fenix flashlights in the cold?
I noticed that a set of the Fenix LD01 and Fenix E01 is on Steep and Cheap right now. 1. Is $27 a good price for the set? 2. I need something that will work in below freezing temps during ...

In Gear Swap » Fenix flashlights in the cold?
November 04, 7:47am

More points
I would suggest one or two extra square pieces of foam to sit, stand or place your jetboil on. Unless you want to use your thermarest for the purpose? You may be able to ditch your thermarest, and ...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Gear List for Mount Elbert in December 2012.
November 03, 11:31am

Gaiters
Sorry I forgot to mention your gaiters question- but yes, I wear gaiters at all times in the deep powder of Colorado. I use expensive OR gortex gaiters.

November 03, 11:18am

cool
this is a topic I can dig into because I just got back from a gear test trip on Quandary in which the temps were down to 5* at night with 30 MPH winds. Making it freakin' cold. The biggest ...

November 03, 11:14am

that's pretty awesome
Please share the pattern! But is it big enough to store your suvival bivy and extra layers and to carry water? I often go up to higher elevations for the day hiking from base camp, so I would ne...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Daypack/Summit Sack/Stuff Sack
November 02, 1:50pm

curious
What I'm really curious about if it it could be used on our feet as a moisture barrier to prevent maceration. The pharmacist I spoke to didn't seem to have the time of day for me, but she d...

In Multiple Use Gear » Zinc Oxide Ointment
November 02, 12:57pm

straps
ignore

In Gear Swap » FS: ULA Ohm 2.0
November 01, 2:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Raquel Rascal

Raquel Rascal has posted no reviews.