BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Guest

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 131 - 140 of 248 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Big Agnes Horse Thief SL is lightest
-15 is chilly! I have not used the Wiggys overbag, but would be skeptical of the 40 degree added warmth claim. As Ross mentioned, the design requirements for overbags necessitate a heavy item, an...

In GEAR » U.L. Overbag?
May 13, 4:39pm

It depends on where the moisture is coming from- internal can be combated with VBL and/or an overbag, external will be helped by an overbag but a good shell fabric is a better option. Overbags a...

In GEAR » Need help with an overbag to combat damp down bag
May 04, 11:32am

ironing
Low heat iron? Perhaps even with a damp cloth in between... My two Arcteryx Gamma MX jackets make the same claim- and the DWR sucks and so needs reapplication often. I would spray one down with ...

In GEAR » Red Ledge rain pants tag says it can't be heat-dried
May 02, 1:33pm

CCW pack
I have a similar CCW pack- same size, features, etc. but mine has a dual buckle lid. I just used it today for a quick 7 mile hike, and use it as a leader pack for ice climbing and alpine. I do wis...

In GEAR » Cold Cold World Ozone
April 29, 2:22pm

no
I never used tennis balls (or anything else) and the bags always dry and loft perfectly... so why bother? The real danger, IMO, is if the dryer you are using has any burrs or sharp edges that ca...

In GEAR » Drying down sleeping bags
April 28, 3:37pm

start cheap
If using with a tarp a bivy is usually for splash protection and "misting". Non-waterproof tops can handle most of this without an issue. However, you might be surprised by how breathable...

In GEAR » Oware 'High Air Perm' Bivy
April 25, 9:45pm

Courtney- very informative. It helps explain why I have a pair of will mittens (non-Merino) and old wool work shirts that are impossible to wear out. Also, the fact that many people here have had b...

In GEAR » durability of wool brands
April 23, 1:33pm

Arcteryx
Given all the responses, durability does seem variable. However, the toughest wool baselayer I have ever used is my Arcteryx Rho zip-neck thingy. Mine is a 90/10 wool and lycra blend, and it is ...

April 22, 10:24pm

variable
My experience with Smartwool has been inconsistent. My wife and I have numerous Smartwool mid and lightweight tops and bottoms. Some of them have a dozen holes, others wear like iron. Durability se...

April 22, 11:11am

I do, sometimes
I too would use silk baselayers instead of a liner as I found the weight to be identical and I could layer over them if needed. However, I never used the baselayers for hiking as they would acquire...

In GEAR » Silk Liner
April 15, 10:59am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.