BPL Community Profile

Kenneth Jacobs (f8less) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me "There is something to a hard days work being rewarded with the same thing that posed the challenge."
CityDes Plaines
StateIL
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListLuxurious 19.65lbs Base Pack Weight

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kenneth Jacobs

Showing 131 - 140 of 565 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...57

Forum » Thread

What I do for coffee on the trail
Here's what I do: Grind my coffee at home and fill a number of these ahead of time. Fold over the top edge twice and stick a stick through it (just like the plastic skewer that comes with t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Making a Cup from Ground Coffee
November 05, 3:44pm

Pot Distance
Jon- Is 1.8" where I should be seeing the best performance? I did a burn test in my CC Sidewinder already with the FF14 on the ground at a pot distance of 2.25" and the GramCracker at...

In GEAR » Another look at the "Fire Focus 14" ESBIT burner
November 05, 10:58am

Thanks
Thank you Franco and everyone else for your help thus far. I really wasn't thinking so much about footprint size required. Seems like the SMD Lunar Duo would be easier to accommodate in tight...

In GEAR » SMD Lunar Duo - Explorer vs.TT StratoSpire 2
October 28, 3:12pm

Payment
Payment sent

In Gear Swap » FS: ULA Circuit Medium/Small Hipbelt
October 25, 1:53pm

Either
Either would be fine. I have plenty of experience with both. My focus is more on space, ease of use, and weight. HTH KJ

October 25, 12:47pm

SMD Lunar Duo Explorer vs.TT StratoSpire 2
SMD Lunar Duo Explorer vs.TT StratoSpire 2 Which would you pick as the your choice for a two person shelter? Any other better options? Trying to determine which is a more convenient design, ea...

October 24, 4:52pm

And now the wait....
Waiting for mine to arrive. Can't wait to try it out in the Sidewinder! I <3 ESBIT KJ

In GEAR » Another look at the "Fire Focus 14" ESBIT burner
October 23, 3:19pm

Prior Owner
Do you know how much the prior owner used it?

October 23, 2:34pm

Model
Is this the newest model? When was it purchased? What shoulder straps?

October 23, 1:41pm

Best for me
Petzl Tikka XP 2 with the back cover replaced with a Zipka strap. Long battery life, light weight and highly adaptable. KJ

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 22, 10:42am

All Reader Reviews by Kenneth Jacobs

Kenneth Jacobs has posted no reviews.