BPL Community Profile

Eric Swab (ericswab) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Eric Swab has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.swabconcrete.com
My PDF Gear ListColorado Rockies 3 Season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Swab

Showing 131 - 140 of 155 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Tarps with perimeter netting
I have not tried one but I like the concept. There are reviews of the Wild Oasis, and do a search for Duomid and Oware, there have been some discussions about it recently.

In GEAR » Tarps with perimeter netting
February 04, 3:48pm

Skurka Gear Book
1. "How Geeky?" Geeky is necessary, when someone buys a book, on any subject, it is too further their knowledge in that area, they already have the basics. Charts, diagrams, sidebars, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka Gear Book
February 04, 9:50am

2011 no-compromise 3+ season gear list for the PNW
Kyle, I will agree with the others that a small alcohol stove works just fine and with no moving parts it is fail proof. The other benefit is not having the canister weight and wondering when i...

In Gear Lists » 2011 no-compromise 3+ season gear list for the PNW?
January 29, 8:20pm

A hopefully not too onerous tarptent advice request.
While it is at the heavy side of "lightweight" shelters, the Tarptent Rainbow is an excellent all around shelter. This was my first backpacking tent and provides a lot of space for one p...

In GEAR » A hopefully not too onerous tarptent advice request.
January 25, 9:19am

Gear for Juneau Alaska
Dan, Take a look at Andrew Skurka's Alaska gear lists on his website, there were also a lot of forum discussions about his gear choices before the "big" trip. http://www.andrews...

In GEAR » Gear for Juneau Alaska
January 25, 8:55am

Serious miles, serious feet
I will agree that feet over anything seem to be mileage limitation. The book "Fixing your feet" by John Vonof has a lot of good foot tips related to backpacking.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Serious miles, serious feet
January 23, 9:49pm

Winter Tarp with Floor
Let us know how you like it, its price (with 40% off) makes it appealing.

In GEAR » Winter Tarp with Floor
January 23, 9:39pm

suggestions for mid layer bottoms
I am not sold on soft shell bottoms, they are nice but not flexible enough year year round for the price. I wear the same upper clothing as you and have been experimenting with bottom layers as we...

In GEAR » suggestions for mid layer bottoms
January 23, 9:24pm

Hooded wind shell sizing help
I can feel your pain with sizing, I seem to own three different sizes of clothing. I just purchased the Marmot wind hoody, I am 5'8", 150lbs, the size large fits over all layers and has p...

In GEAR » Hooded wind shell sizing help
January 23, 9:12pm

3 season gear list, CO
Nice gear list, Do you always go without rain gear? Do you ever find you need more insulation or bottom protection? Last year was my first in Colorado and I have been carrying either rain pants or...

In Gear Lists » 3 season gear list, CO
January 18, 8:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Swab

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GSI Minimalist
This economical cook set doesn't seem to get much press, probably because it is not titanium. The 20oz. (600ml) size works out perfect for most dehydrated meals. In the morning it is enough ...

In Cookware - Other
March 08, 9:40pm