Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tohru Ohnuki (erdferkel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. California
About Me Tohru Ohnuki has not added a biography yet.
CityLos Angeles
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tohru Ohnuki

Showing 131 - 140 of 285 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: What homemade gear do you take with on every outing?
Windshirt from thru-hiker, penny alcohol stove, hiking poles made from golf club shafts, stuffsacks...

In Make Your Own Gear » What homemade gear do you take with on every outing?
September 17, 4:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Peanut butter lovers - what do you carry it in
I like the screwtop nalgene bottle, not jar. The other neat thing is that since it's hdpe, the PB doesn't stick to it, making it easy to get out... link to nalgene 4oz bottle

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Peanut butter lovers - what do you carry it in
September 17, 4:32pm

Re: FFinger BEEF
"Thinlight is the least durable foam I've seen. It would get shredded in moments." Agreed, it also loses its cushioning almost immediately if you compress it. I had some strapped t...

In Make Your Own Gear » "Beefing Up" a FiveFingers for Off Trail Expeditions.
September 16, 4:04pm

Re: Blood Pressure
I would suggest setting aside time in your day for meditation. Just sit quietly in a room or place without interruptions or distractions. Try to blank your mind. If you find it hard to push distrac...

In Other Activities » Blood Pressure
September 14, 12:18pm

Re: Anyone "train" for hiking?
I train for hiking by hiking. Sometimes with weight, mostly not. There's really no substitute for the variation in angles, terrain etc. that improve your balance and uses those weird muscles th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone "train" for hiking?
September 14, 12:08pm

Fresh roasted
One thing that affects coffee quality tremendously is the time since roasting and the time since grinding. Try to find a microroaster in your area and try to get it the day before you leave, whole ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Beautiful Cup
September 13, 3:44pm

Re: Looks like its all gone
Got it in the mail. Thanks again and I will put it to good use in something I make...

In Make Your Own Gear » Free Grosgrain
September 12, 1:52am

Re: Yours vs. others'
I would agree. Good sources of water harbor few pathogens and probably quite a few of the "I've never gotten anything in the backcountry" reports are from soloists. Hell is other peop...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hand Sanitizers: My Journey Towards Discovering Best Practices for Wilderness Hygiene
September 05, 8:03am

Re: Kid's Backpack
I would pick a more durable material like 200D pu coated nylon at least for the bottom, maybe 70D for the sides. 1oz silnylon may be a bit delicate for a kid's usage. Seattle fabrics has a sale...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kid's Backpack
September 04, 2:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Sony NEX w/ 16mm
I'd also be very interested to see images made with the NEX. Maybe soon they'll have Zeiss glass on the E-mount...Oh and maybe a NEX-7 that's manual only...

In Photography » make my DLSR mountain-ready!
September 03, 7:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Tohru Ohnuki

Tohru Ohnuki has posted no reviews.