Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kathy A Handyside (earlymusicus) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeastern Michigan
About Me I'm getting back into backpacking after several years' hiatus. All my gear was circa 1979, so I've been gradually replacing it with lightweight new equipment. I will be retiring in 4 more years and then plan to do all the trails I've dreamed of doing. I also love xc-skiing and mt. biking. I plan to move to Oregon for retirement. Besides the outdoors, I love early and classical music;I play Baroque recorder and harpsichord. I'm a bookworm, I enjoy writing and quiet get-togethers with close friends.
CitySouthgate
StateMichigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathy A Handyside

Showing 131 - 140 of 172 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Re: Patagonia Down Sweater Review
Oops! A sentence in my posting should have read, "...no matter how large...", not "...no longer...". As you can see, this subject gets me riled! LOL

In Editor's Roundtable » Patagonia Down Sweater Review
September 29, 1:12pm

Patagonia down Sweater Review
Janet - This is a really nice-looking jacket and for day hikes I think it will work really well. And I thank you SO much for bringing up the sizing issue. That's been my gripe of all these manu...

In Editor's Roundtable » Patagonia Down Sweater Review
September 29, 1:10pm

And
I have a Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone pack, size small, with men's waistbelt in medium and trim shoulder straps, also men's (I might be able to swap those out for women's; I don't know...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1B: Theory and Technology
September 12, 11:52pm

Pack Fit
It's nearly impossible for me to get anything to fit right. My toros is 15" - I'm short, but I'm also heavy right now (hormonal changes to blame). Trying to get all the components ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1B: Theory and Technology
September 12, 11:49pm

Re: "Peace Pilgrim"
What a wonderful, inspirational story! I was born in 1952, but I had never heard of this woman. I knew about Grandma Gatewood, but not "Peace Pilgrim." This is a very timely article, g...

In Editor's Roundtable » Peace Pilgrim: Minimalist Trekker for World Peace
September 08, 1:09pm

Re: "The Beautiful Cup"
And I agree with Joe. I was getting overwhelmed with the down jacket reviews, too. :)

In Editor's Roundtable » The Beautiful Cup
September 08, 12:51pm

Re: "The Beautiful Cup"
Fun article with great illustrations! I really like Java Juice and Starbucks Via, but they are a bit pricey. I wonder if there's a way to take bean coffee, grind it really really fine and fi...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Beautiful Cup
September 08, 12:49pm

Sierra Designs Vapor 15
A very thorough review. However, I'm a side-sleeper and a restless sleeper. I need a bag that has some flex to avoid feeling like I'm being held hostage in my sleeping bag. If this bag had ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sierra Designs Vapor 15 Sleeping Bag Review
August 24, 3:33pm

Re: Tarptent Moment
Very good review. I'm glad to see a review by BPL of this tent. I came across it a couple of months ago online and have been looking for good reviews of it. I had seen another video on yout...

In Editor's Roundtable » Performance Appraisal of the Tarptent Moment
July 27, 3:36pm

Day Hike Stove
If it's a cool day - like in the Fall - I'll bring my little tea light stove and my Snow Peak 600 to make some tea, chai, or coffee. I'll find a nice overlook area and sit, looking at t...

In GEAR » Your day hike stove choice?
June 30, 12:30am

All Reader Reviews by Kathy A Handyside

Kathy A Handyside has posted no reviews.