BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 131 - 140 of 7398 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...740

Forum » Thread

Re: Fleece in the PNW
Yes, I wear fleece as a mid layer. It's fine without a shell in camp to take a chill off if there is little wind. Think of it as a quick drying sweater. And that is the strength of fleece: ...

In GEAR » Light clothing gear list. Would love some list suggestions!
June 06, 7:32pm

Re: REI Flash 18 as UL weekend pack
I've tried a number of packs in this style and they aren't very comfortable past 10 pounds. They are fine for day hiking basics, but it's really pushing it for a weekender. Other than s...

In GEAR » REI Flash 18 as UL weekend pack
June 06, 9:36am

Re: UL rainjacket with good breathability chat
Get a poncho: $60, 7oz, keeps your pack dry, can be used for a shelter, lots of ventilation and covers to your knees. If you are using non-breathable materials for rain gear, it better have vent...

In GEAR » UL rainjacket with good breathability chat
June 06, 8:30am

Re: How does everyone store their DLSR camera gear in their packs?
Look for the plastic food storage boxes with locking tabs and a silicone seal, like Lock n Lock, Sistema and Mira. You can find some in discounters like TJ Max, but storage specialty shops will hav...

In Photography » How does everyone store their DLSR camera gear in their packs?
June 06, 8:08am

Re: Clothing list
I see that you have 5" running shorts and Cap2 long johns for bottoms. If you are used to cool weather with that combo, so be it, but I would want a long pants option, by adding wind or rain p...

In GEAR » Light clothing gear list. Would love some list suggestions!
June 06, 7:50am

Re: Re: PIF: Wenzel Star Lite Tent
Yes. It uses a single pole in the back and two poles in an inverted V in the front. You could use one pole in front if you don't mind wiggling around it.

In Gear Swap » PIF: Wenzel Star Lite Tent
June 05, 3:47pm

Re: Outdoor Gear Storage
Outdoor storage can be a real mold pit if you are in the wrong climate. Like others said, under the bed, behind the couch, or any other creative uses of interior space are a better bet. People a...

In GEAR » Outdoor Gear Storage
June 05, 3:41pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » PIF: Wenzel Star Lite Tent
June 05, 3:27pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller>

In Gear Swap » FS: Crumpler Wonder Weenie Bike Messenger Bag
June 05, 3:04pm

Re: STP's one weird company...
Sometimes if you leave stuff in your cart you will get an email offering free shipping. It's a gamble if the item sells out or the discount du jour expires.

In Gear Deals » Sierra Trading Post
June 05, 7:03am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.