BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 131 - 140 of 7386 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...739

Forum » Thread

Re: Sierra Designs Cogule, Chaps, and Solar Wind Hoodie
Good move! I'm up for testing one. I replied to your PM with my address. Thanks :)

In Gear Deals » Sierra Designs Cogule, Chaps, and Solar Wind Hoodie
June 04, 1:33pm

Re: Hilleberg House
I had a room mate who lived in a geodesic dome made with 2x4's and Visqueen. It was in a pasture next to a house rented by other students. He had a long extension cord from the house for lighti...

In GEAR » The Hilleberg House Project
June 04, 1:21pm

Re: Ultralight A-Z is back
What is that?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight A-Z is back
June 04, 9:22am

Re: Affordable Windshirt?
Runner's wind shells can be a great buy. The Brooks LSD Lite II is 6 oz in size large. Breathability is similar to the lower UL versions, but it has a big cowl vent on the back. The hood tucks ...

In GEAR » Affordable Windshirt?
June 04, 9:19am

SOLD: CamelBak Octane 18X Hydration Backpack with 3L Reservoir PRICE DROP
SOLD: This fine hydration pack is now $35 (was $38) including US shipping and PayPal fees

In Gear Swap » FS: CamelBak Octane 18X Hydration Backpack with 3L Reservoir
June 04, 8:59am

Re: FS: Golite Z10 Sleeping Bag
Fixed your photo link. What does it weigh?

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Z10 Sleeping Bag
June 04, 8:35am

Re: Resurrecting this thread from the dead...
That is a day hiking classic, especially for families. I've gone all the way up to Wallace Lake for a ~12 mile jaunt. Those views are a great taste of the Western Cascades. Glad you had a good ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Day hikes in Seattle area?
June 03, 11:21am

Re: Lightweight fleece vest
I use an R1 vest that way. My large weighs 8.0oz. I've used Power Stretch vests that were similar on weight. I don't need much insulation when actually moving unless it is below freezin...

In GEAR » Lightweight fleece vest
June 03, 11:14am

Re: Re: Light clothing gear list. Would love some suggestions!
I hike in the PNW and use a layering system based on synthetic base layers and insulation. You definitely want rain gear. I dial in my base layer to suit the basic temps. Cap2 would be good for...

In GEAR » Light clothing gear list. Would love some list suggestions!
June 03, 10:12am

Re: what is the go to thermal leggings of choice?
There are lots of choices, from silkweight polyester like Capilene 1 and on up to Capilene 4 and R1, or even 200w fleece if you want to get really crazy--- all progressively heavier or course. For ...

In GEAR » what is the go to thermal leggings of choice?
June 01, 8:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.