Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 131 - 140 of 7878 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...788

Forum » Thread

SOLD: Black Diamond Icon Headlamp (older version)
Sold to JT: a used Black Diamond Icon headlamp. This is the older model (circa 2011) Rated at 100 lumens. See the rest of the specs below. Send me your email via PM and I can forward the instructio...

In Gear Swap » FS: Black Diamond Icon Headlamp (older version)
February 20, 12:13am

Re: Re: Cuben tunnel... Done
WOW! I wonder if I could rig my hammock through something like that :)

In Make Your Own Gear » myog mountaineering cuben tunnel tent?
February 19, 11:58pm

Re: Skurka and SD
If SD listens to Skurka, it could be a brilliant move. With the demise of GoLite there is a real opportunity to fill that market niche and SD has all the infrastructure--- they just need good desig...

In GEAR » Skurka and Sierra Designs team up for gear
February 18, 9:59am

Re: WTB Fixed Blade Knife
Get a mora farrier's knife if you want to split wood. It's like a mini splitting froe. http://www.knifecenter.com/item/FT330/morakniv-mora-of-sweden-equus-330-farriers-knife-52-triflex-...

In Gear Swap » WTB Fixed Blade Knife
February 18, 8:18am

Re: Reduce "flapping" in silnylon shelters
Many UL shelters aren't good in the wind:flat panels flap. Other than design, a taut pitch, site selection and orientation to the wind are all you have to work with.

In Philosophy & Technique » Reduce "flapping" in silnylon shelters
February 17, 11:06am

Re: Layering System for Those Who Sweat a Lot????
Don't overdress, use synthetic insulation and well ventilated shells and carry a spare base layer. Nothing is better than peeling off a sopping layer and putting on a dry one. Of course in hot ...

In GEAR » Layering System for Those Who Sweat a Lot????
February 17, 10:45am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: There is always the quilt
I like the tights idea. I bought some for biking and Ive been eyeing them for hiking, like UL soft shells. I think they would rock with chaps. Bladders for pillows are much improved with a fabr...

In Gear Lists » Can I get away without a mid layer for the CT?
February 17, 10:29am

Re: Re: Re: There is always the quilt
You might not be able to hike to generate the heat, like ducking a lightning storm or due to injury. Those are examples of the "spiraling screw up" hiking disasters. All is fine and well ...

February 17, 10:15am

Re: There is always the quilt
Bad plan, proven by many disasterous accounts. When things get bad, they spiral. I say play the movie backwards: "well yah, there this big storm and I got soaked and my quilt did too and I dec...

February 17, 9:56am

Re: 0212
Yup. That and the style number and details indicate that it is the current model and not as breathable--- about 5cfm, which is still a step up from the Pertex models that are under 1cfm. See ht...

In Gear Swap » fs Patagonia HOUDINI 2012 version, NEW with Tags
February 17, 9:34am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.