Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 131 - 140 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Weekend Surprise
This past weekend, me and some of my buddies who are new to backpacking ventured out into the woods and had a much better time then i was expecting. This was no epic journey, but it did have some ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Weekend Surprise
November 12, 2:38pm

Re: Best fuels for alcohol stoves
There has been a lot of great input in this discussion as there always is when this topic comes up. I asked this same question about a month ago and got a lot of good feed back abot a month ag...

In GEAR » Best fuels for alcohol stoves
November 12, 2:22pm

weights
Do any of you guys think that lifting weights helps or hurts backpacking stamina?

In Philosophy & Technique » How do You Train?
November 09, 8:37am

How do You Train?
Just thought this would be a cool thread. How do you get ready for a backpacking trip. Either short or long, post your training experiences, routiens, etc. Okay....go!

In Philosophy & Technique » How do You Train?
November 08, 4:27pm

Re: Shameless Anonymous Site
Haha, no Ben, being the man of whits that i am, when i first made the post i didn't put my address in the post, so John just posted the name of the site for me (thanks John by the way). The si...

In On the Web » Shameless!
November 07, 11:41pm

Best Camera for Hiking?
So...I stepped on my camera and broke the screen.....long story. That being said, I am in the market for a new camera, and was wondering from some of these photo gurus what is the best camera f...

In Photography » Best Camera for Hiking?
November 06, 6:19pm

Arkansas Hike.....Questions
I am trying to plan a quick trip in Arkansas this weekend, and (to make to people going with me happy) I have a few requirements for this hike. It needs to have something "really cool" (...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Arkansas Hike.....Questions
November 06, 2:56pm

judging distance
Real simple.....you're going on a hike and want to know how far you have gone because your destination is somewhere you've never been. How do you know how far you have gone? what ge...

In Philosophy & Technique » judging distance
November 05, 1:06pm

Easy Question about an Easy Project
I am making a pot cozy and was wondering if anyone knows if Elmer's rubber cement will hold up to the temps that the pot will put on the cozy. If not, what are some other good alternatives...d...

In Make Your Own Gear » Easy Question about an Easy Project
November 05, 1:02pm

Directions for dehydration
Just wondering if there are any NO-NO's to dehydrating. Are there any foods that don't dehydrate well? I'm also a huge meat eater (please don't hate me vegitarians!) and want to b...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Directions for dehydration
November 05, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.