BPL Community Profile

Devin Montgomery (dsmontgomery) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale one snowball away from big trouble
About Me Hiker, rower, bicyclist. I go light because I'd rather feel like a guy walking in the woods than a pack-mule hauling a load. Now the maker of the Backcountry Boiler, undeniably the baddest way to heat water on the planet.
CityPittsburgh
StatePA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://theboilerwerks.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Devin Montgomery

Showing 131 - 140 of 487 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Great Video
Hi Mike! >is the fire tending always that intensive? How is the performance if you don't stoke and blow the fire? I should start by saying that I wouldn't take the video as showing...

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (ultralight chimney-boiler) reservations
May 12, 11:06am

Re: "Montgomery Kettle (ultralight chimney-boiler) reservations"
>LOL, let's hope for your sake that you don't lose a finger, cause there are some eager and happy buyers lined up for that kettle, excellent work. Thanks, Eugene! But seriously, that...

May 12, 7:30am

Re: Re: Production blog
Thanks Steve! The motivation was welcome, by the way. It is pretty interesting to see what the process looks like from a 3rd person viewpoint. It does look like I'm pretty good - what a nice tr...

May 11, 6:46am

Production blog
Hi All, I've started production on the first batch of kettles, as well as a blog following my progress: www.theboilerwerks.com. So if you're interested, check it out. I just posted a vid...

May 11, 6:29am

Re: Re: Re: Dolly Sods Loop
I just teared up a bit. That is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I say go to L&C. I don't remember if you'd chosen a focus or not, put I presume you know they're tops in...

In Editor's Roundtable » New Wilderness! Dolly Sods North & Roaring Plains West
April 24, 2:41pm

Re: "Letters to the Editor"
+1 to everything Eugene said. I really like good trip reports, podcasts, and videos. I come to BPL for the narratives highlighting what a light style can allow you to do (like the Sierra Prime ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Letters to the Editor
April 24, 10:00am

Re: Dolly Sods Loop
Hi Chris! How's the law school hunt going? If you had to, absolutely had to, cut something out, I would probably suggest just hiking a loop through the Sods. Here's a good map and info: ...

In Editor's Roundtable » New Wilderness! Dolly Sods North & Roaring Plains West
April 24, 9:41am

Re: 4oz
4oz is a lot, especially for a molded plastic item like that. Overweight and underweight items should only come from variance between items, and I don't see much room for variance with that pro...

In GEAR » Bareboxer Contender Overweight
April 16, 2:06pm

Re: BPL UL Fly Fishing Kit Revealed!
Oh man, I think you scooped BPL on this! Sneaky!

In GEAR » BPL UL Fly Fishing Kit Revealed!
April 14, 3:35pm

Re: It's great to have a great woman...
>It's great to have a great woman... True dat, Craig. Mine is letting me shrug off the business internship that I should be taking this summer in order to start a company that makes littl...

In Chaff » It's great to have a great woman...
April 13, 6:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Devin Montgomery

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ultralight Designs Blue Mini
This is aluminum bottle based alcohol stove similar to the "gram weenie" by Whitebox. I bought the stove because of its simplicity and because I could quickly get it for a hike I was taking ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
September 04, 1:04pm

Potable Aqua Iodine Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets
These have been around forever, and I think just about everyone has used them at one time or another. If you're an absolute novice, use them once: chugging the resulting antiseptic rinse is a rig...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
May 01, 12:44pm

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
My rating of five here is for the Chlorine Dioxide method of treatment, this is just the brand I happened to use. Ultra lightweight, kills most wee-beasties in 20 min, with 4 hrs kills the few ...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
May 01, 12:24pm

MSR Whisperlight / Internationale
For years, this was the Model T of backpacking stoves, and for good reason. Runs on almost any fuel, easy and reliable to use in all conditions, "light" for traditional packing. Can accomo...

In Stoves - White Gas
May 01, 11:51am

Marmot Precip Jacket Mens
After having my last rain jacket stolen out of my car right before a long river trip, I picked up a Precip on sale at the local outfitter. It was a good brand, waterproof, breathable, lightweight, and...

In Clothing - Raingear
April 29, 8:48pm

Snow Peak Trek 700
This was the first bit of gear that I bought in my lightweight conversion. Just under $30, plenty of capacity for solo camping (I never could finish a meal that filled it up),includes a lid that drai...

In Cookware - Titanium
April 29, 8:04pm