Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M G (drown) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Shenandoah
About Me Climber. caver. Cartographer. Have hiked, caved, climbed and mapped in Asia, N. & S. America.

Currently planning on 8 days in the upper Kern September 2014.A desert SW trip in May, ski touring in the Canadian Rockies in April and Costa Rican volcanoes in Feb.
CityWashington
StateDC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M G

Showing 131 - 140 of 583 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...59

Forum » Thread

Improvements
I used several gen.2 SPOT devices for tracking some folks a few years ago. We made a number of suggestions to SPOT. Some of them seem to have been implemented. They relate to how the device behave...

In GEAR » Whats the point of Spot Gen 3? Same weight after batteries?
March 27, 7:14pm

Regional
"I think part of it is simply regional; being in the southwest there simply isn't much to do with a hatchet if I'm not looking for things to do with a hatchet." Growing up in a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gränsfors-Bruks Mini Hatchet Review
March 27, 6:59pm

Husqvarna hatchet 31$
Not as cool but a good, still lightweight axe at a fraction of the cost

In Editor's Roundtable » Gränsfors-Bruks Mini Hatchet Review
March 25, 8:54pm

Xlite women's version
You might want to consider this pad as well. Slightly longer, and more insulated.

In GEAR » Which 3/4 length inflatable sleeping pad will you pick?
March 23, 7:26pm

Why
850FP Down and Karo baffles, plus light fabrics. No one is currently making a quilt with 850 FP non-treated down.

In Gear Swap » WTB: 2013 EE Revelation 10 or O
March 21, 7:23am

WTB: 2013 EE Revelation 10F or 0F
Will pay good $$$ for an EE Rev quilt. Not a Rev X. Any color. Prefer a 0F version in Reg width and length OR wide.

In Gear Swap » WTB: 2013 EE Revelation 10 or O
March 20, 7:35pm

Helium 2
Like Matt I left my 2012 Houdini behind last Sept in favor of a brand new Helium 2 for a 17 day trip in the Sierras. I wore the Helium as a wind layer over a long sleeve Rab Meco on three occas...

In GEAR » 2013 patagonia Houdini or Pertex Shield+ jacket( i.e. OR helium II)
March 20, 7:11pm

Re: Patagonia MARS Houdini - Still Being Produced?
http://soldiersystems.net/tag/patagonia/

In GEAR » Patagonia MARS Houdini - Still Being Produced?
March 18, 9:40pm

One more
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0804737037/ref=pd_aw_sbs_b_30 The historic overview of how the range was mapped is well worth digging this out of a library for.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Book to read on the sierras
March 18, 7:11pm

Re: p.s.
Or fly to Reno and drive or bus to Bishop.

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT Section Hike
March 17, 7:31pm

All Reader Reviews by M G

M G has posted no reviews.