Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 131 - 140 of 402 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...41

Forum » Thread

Flatlanders
Thanks Jim, We pull sleds in the winter as we have no elevation to speak of. If I had to carry a stove set-up on my back I would downsize to a 2L pot and use the set-up from the straightshutter...

In Winter Hiking » Snow melting techniques
December 12, 6:29am

saw this
Saw this answer to the same question a while back, so I bookmarked it. It is a plyable silicone putty. http://sugru.com/ Dave

In GEAR » mug lip ring
December 11, 1:00pm

Re: Mchale
+1 on the Mchale. Saw one in action last weekend. Very nice, well built and tough as nails. If I had an unlimited gear budget, then I would have to have one. Dave

In GEAR » Looking for a good expedition pack
December 11, 12:12pm

Re: Interesting
I think that the line goes trough these little things and is knotted off - so they have as much chance of getting lost as a line loc. tying them off can't be anymore difficult than the multitud...

In Make Your Own Gear » Niteize Knot bone
December 11, 6:06am

Stove setup
Hi JIm, Sorry if I am hijacking this thread, but It sort of relates. When in hobo mode, I remove the cozy and MSR heat exchanger. (fuel conservation is not a concern) I think they would get w...

December 10, 1:14pm

Interesting
Terry, these things could serioulsy help with tarp guy-outs in the winter. You wouldn't need to remove your gloves or tie a knot during set-up. I'm still trying to see a flaw. Dave ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Niteize Knot bone
December 10, 12:33pm

Joanns not helpful
Yes, I have had the same blank stare when I asked Joanns employees about outdoor fabrics and such. They didn't know that there is more than one weight of fleece and forget the windstopper. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » double sided hook and loop
December 10, 12:18pm

stove setup
Hi Jim, The only mods I made was to replace the heat shield with a hobo and the stove board with a cookie sheet. I can pull the stove out the top with the fuel bottle attached and burn wood. (th...

December 08, 7:29pm

good discussion
Not much to add here. I agree with most everything said. I may add that if you are in a forested area, you may consider a weight free fuel - wood. I carry a white gas stove with a windscreen that d...

December 08, 6:34pm

nice stove
Thanks for the link. Not a bad little stove. Good design. Wish it was a little bigger. You still could leave the barn door open on that stove and feed larger sticks in - once the fire is establishe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wood stove hikers...do you carry a "real" knife?
December 07, 9:06pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am