BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 131 - 140 of 827 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...83

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: Pillows and seats
PM sent on Montbell.

In Gear Swap » FS: Pillows and seats
February 09, 10:49am

Re: Your first "UL" piece of gear?
I might be forgetting something, but I think it was the Tarptent original Cloudburst in (probably) 2004, at 32 oz. We still have it, though it isn't the go-to tent for most of our trips any more.

In GEAR » Your first "UL" piece of gear?
February 08, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Exped UL
+1 - best backpacking pillow I've tried. I don't normally use a cover, but maybe I'll try something like the Ubertube.

In GEAR » Another pillow thread--high loft pillows for side sleepers
February 06, 10:58am

Re: Holding the value
I don't know, Duane, those stickers weigh a lot! I'd think that would bring the value way down.

In GEAR » 4th Most Popular Size for Bearikade Food Canister
February 03, 9:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Want to dip my toe in the MYOG water...
I have been using a large cone of nylon thread lately; it is cheaper than buying individual spools, and though it was really cheap, it seems not to snag. I had to finagle to get it to fit on the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Want to dip my toe in the MYOG water...
February 03, 7:10pm

Re: Re: Re: 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
Hey, Tony, the cattle prod was Sharon's idea, not mine! (hmm, note to self: look up cattle prod prices on Amazon...) Yes, after being there for 3 years in a row, I hated to miss the GGG thi...

In Photo Gallery » 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
February 03, 1:32pm

Re: Re: Want to dip my toe in the MYOG water...
OK, one more possibly silly idea, but I just read an old post where someone was going to try this with a down sweater to make down "swants"... http://westknits.com/index.php/2013/11/sw...

February 03, 11:33am

Re: MYOG Backpacking Shoes
Yes, someone has. You just haven't looked back far enough :) http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=38782

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Backpacking Shoes
February 02, 11:12pm

Re: Want to dip my toe in the MYOG water...
Careful, Jen, it's a slippery slope! :-) I had a lucky advantage in having a mom who taught me to sew, but lots of people here seem to have progressed well by just starting small and simple,...

February 02, 3:23pm

WTB: used SMD Cuben Haven
Anyone have one of these that they want to sell? Please?

In Gear Swap » WTB: used SMD Cuben Haven
February 01, 10:50am

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm