BPL Community Profile

Lawton Grinter (disco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Bowler with Hiking Problem
CityDenver
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://twitter.com/lawtong

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lawton Grinter

Showing 131 - 140 of 151 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

pictures?
i'm interested, but any chance of some pictures being posted? thanks...

In Gear Swap » Hiking shorts, $5 each! M&F
February 24, 9:42am

Aquamira water bottle filters (2)
GONE.

In Gear Swap » Aquamira water bottle filters (2)
February 14, 12:37am

no worries.
i might have been an oddity, but i wore the same size shoe as normal through socal and the rest of the pct in 2004, and had no worries. i just wore a liner sock and nb trail runners, and i think i ...

In Gear Lists » buying a bigger shoes for PCT??
January 18, 9:03pm

Re: possum down socks
Hi Tim, I purchased the socks for my CDT thru-hike this summer not realizing they were long enough to come up to mid-calf. I prefer ankle length for sleeping socks so I never used them. Disco

In Gear Swap » FS: PossumDown Socks Size XL
December 16, 9:02am

Re: Re: FS: PossumDown Socks Size XL
Kevin, E-mail sent. The socks are yours. Disco

December 15, 8:42pm

FS: "Ten Million Steps" by Nimblewill Nomad
I have one copy of M.J. "Nimblewill Nomad" Eberhart's book entitled "Ten Million Steps" for sale. This book chronicles his northbound hike from Key West to Cape Gaspe along...

In Gear Swap » FS: "Ten Million Steps" by Nimblewill Nomad
December 13, 3:30pm

FS: PossumDown Socks Size XL
I bought one pair of Men's Size XL PossumDown socks and have never worn them. They are still in their original packaging. Size XL fits an 11.0-13.5 Men's foot. http://www.backpacki...

December 13, 11:44am

FS: Grivel air tech light crampons $100 (sold)
Grivel air tech light crampons Grivel air tech light crampon used on 1 trip in good condition, buyer pays shipping. please contact me at andrewmcoyne@hotmail.com The Air Tech Light crampon of...

In Gear Swap » Grivel air tech light crampons $125
December 11, 9:39am

FS: 70cmBlack Diamond Rave Pro Ice Axe $80 (sold)
Black Diamond Raven Pro Ice Axe 70cmBlack Diamond Rave Pro Ice Axe 70cm. Used for 1 trip, in great condition. Buyer pays shipping. please contact me at andrewmcoyne@hotmail.com 13.5 ounces fo...

In Gear Swap » 70cmBlack Diamond Rave Pro Ice Axe
December 11, 9:35am

critters.
one good thing about using your trekking pole handle side up is to keep critters from nibbling on the salty foam handles in the night. on the pct, i had a few visits from rodents chomping on the ha...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tarptent Contrail Tent REVIEW
November 09, 12:31am

All Reader Reviews by Lawton Grinter

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Salomon XA Comp 2
I have now owned 3 pairs of XA Comp 2´s. I´ve put between 600-700 trail miles on each pair and I´m not kidding. The cushioning and stock insole in the Comp 2 is amazing and they can usually be found...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 07, 12:38pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek Plus Poles
During my 2004 PCT hike on into 2006 I had seen a few sets of carbon fiber trekking poles on the trail but had immediately discounted them after hearing stories of carbon poles snapping like twigs a...

In Trekking Poles
August 27, 5:10pm

Gossamer Gear Miniposa
In 2006, I hiked the Continental Divide Trail southbound from Canada to Mexico with a Gossamer Gear Mariposa Backpack. This was the most comfortable backpack I have ever used on a long distance hike,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 27, 5:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I recently purchased a set of the DriDucks Micropore Rainsuit from BPL.com. BPL says that "in 2007, the Drop Stoppers brand was purchased by Frogg Toggs and replaced with DriDucks." ...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 15, 12:55pm

Tarptent Squall
The Squall 2.0 is a nice 2-person shelter for long or short hikes. Lightweight, and plenty of room for 2 people to sleep in, with your backpack and gear tucked away above, under and below you. The n...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 20, 6:38pm