BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 131 - 140 of 657 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: AEG
"2) A sleeping bag/quilt that incorporates a reflective layer (like the NeoAir or New Balance Fugu jacket) to add warmth so you need less down. A hybrid down/reflective bag could be a huge bre...

In GEAR » what do you want to see from AEG
October 22, 11:52am

Re: Three Seasons Bag Dilema
I have both a Feathered Friends and Western Mountaineering Sleeping bags. Both are excellent bags featuring terrific workmanship. I own the Lark from Feathered Friends and the Versalite from Wes...

In GEAR » Three Seasons Bag Dilema
October 16, 9:29pm

Re: Weight: FBC vs manufactured meals
In regards to the weight, I honestly think bulk is the greater issue. Trying to fit a bunch of Mountain House stuff into your pack is a bit of a trick, especially if you have to bear bag/bear canis...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Weight: FBC vs manufactured meals
October 15, 12:37am

Re: SUL and thru-hikes
I think the PCT would be possible with SUL load but it really comes down to timing and weather. You don't have as much of a margin as you do with presumably more insulation / better rain gear. ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL and thru-hikes
October 10, 11:42pm

Re: Tarptent Contrail on the JMT?
Brent, there are plenty of places to pitch that tent in my humble opinion. There are rocky spots but also plenty of good spots to pitch a tent. Obviously, snow factors into some of the camping deci...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tarptent Contrail on the JMT?
October 09, 1:07am

re: the new normal
Everyone raises good points - Nick I agree that BMI is imperfect, but as you say, it does have it's uses. But you did note its weaknesses, which is important for people to understand. I also a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » no imagination when it comes to food
October 07, 2:32pm

Re: the new normal
Obesity is a national problem. Many Americans who would characterize themselves as "normal" in terms of weight are classified as "obese" by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » no imagination when it comes to food
October 07, 2:41am

Re: PCT snowshoes
I suppose it matters where and when in the spring you are going to be. I can say with some confidence that in the North Cascades come say, April 1st, you'd want them! But honestly, if you ar...

In GEAR » PCT snowshoes? (bad winter predicted)
October 07, 1:17am

Re: Please Read This
Ken - I am all for it! Even if we can't all agree on much, we can agree that hiking is a great way to pass time between Internet debates. Dirk

In Chaff » Please Read This
October 04, 1:45am

Re BSA discrimination policy :(
Yours is an interesting dilemma. Is participation a tacit endorsement of policies you find objectionable? Or does participation afford an opportunity to influence and facilitate change from within ...

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
October 02, 1:32am

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.