Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 131 - 140 of 735 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...74

Forum » Thread

Maybe not
I'm asking for one of my co-workers, and I'm not sure how advanced her hiking skills are. I'd be surprised if she had ice axe skills, but she's a new co-worker and we haven't d...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Glacier in June?
November 10, 8:14pm

Glacier in June?
If someone had vacation time in late June, would it be too early to think about backpacking in Glacier National Park, or is the snow too chancy to even contemplate it?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Glacier in June?
November 10, 7:50pm

gaiters
So from this discussion it sounds like a good idea to purchase gaiters to blend with the kilt. It will keep my lower legs drier, and because they are covered I will stay warmer. So far I have only ...

In GEAR » tall gaiters with rain kilt? Lone Peaks with gortex socks?
November 09, 9:04am

why am I worried?
No mystery there, Roger. I get super cold once I stop hiking. Being wet makes it worse. I carry dry baselayers to change into once I get to camp. Wearing rain pants and waterproof boots I stay wa...

November 08, 9:20pm

tall gaiters with rain kilt? Lone Peaks with gortex socks?
I've recently switched from using waterproof pants to a rain kilt. I'm contemplating whether it is an appropriate choice for fall hiking in the PNW. We don't often go out when it is r...

November 07, 9:24pm

knees and calves
Calf strength was the other reason I wanted to start running. Striking with a mid foot or forefoot strike feels very natural in the flat shoes, and I'm reaping the rewards on the trail already...

In Philosophy & Technique » beginning to run
November 02, 1:50pm

beginning to run
I have started to run, to maximize my workouts on the treadmill and increase my cardiovascular fitness. I am taking it very slowly, using the Couch to 5K app, repeating a section if I don't fee...

In Philosophy & Technique » beginning to run
November 01, 9:54pm

spencos
When you say Spencos, specifically which one? They make several different types. I hiked in Altra Lone Peaks this summer, and after long days my arches were quite tired-I ended up putting Leuko...

In GEAR » Foot pain after a trip: How to prevent in the future?
November 01, 9:33pm

Out of stock
One thing I found completely frustrating about them is the fact that nearly every time I accessed the website, whatever I was looking for was out of stock. I would then go to another site and pur...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » GoLite news
October 18, 8:34pm

Product use update
This is an older thread, but I wanted to comment on my experience with the Gear-aid spray on product. Much better! I washed my jacket with the Synthetic Fabric Cleaner, then used the Spray-on Wate...

In GEAR » which waterproofing agent?
October 18, 8:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am