BPL Community Profile

Sunny Waller (dancer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Grew up playing in the lakes and the mountains of North Georgia. Started backpacking in a coed Explorer Scout Troup in the 1970's (yes I am a girl) I outfitted & led groups on backpacking trips for 20 years until I was totalled by a drunk driver. I got back on the trail when I read Ray Jardine's book Beyond Backpacking. I teach lightweight backpacking programs for different groups and currently have a great gig at the LenFoote Hike Inn. I am a member of the Trail Dames hiking club.
CityAtlanta
StateGa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sunny Waller

Showing 131 - 140 of 244 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Hexamid Twin
I am sure I will have it by the fall. I am not backpacking much down here in the Southeast since it is SO hot. I went to Pine Mtn last week and there were cars overheating all over the park..that i...

In GEAR » My new modded Hexamid Twin
June 30, 8:48am

Heavy Gear That Works For Me
I carry a Big Agnes Insul Mat (non insulated version in the summer) It makes such a difference in my comfort level while sleeping. It really helps when it is cold when it is cold.

In GEAR » Heavy gear that works
June 30, 8:14am

Hexamid Twin
Doug... When did you order yours?? I am waiting for mine now and had to wait until June 1st to place my order..I know it will not make the tent get here any faster but you know how it is when you ...

In GEAR » My new modded Hexamid Twin
June 29, 1:32pm

Which Lightweight Tent
I switched to tarp tents to save weight and have tried several of them. This is some what I learned. I prefer the tarp tents with the attached floor and bug mesh. My trail name could be "hikes...

In GEAR » Which Lightweight Tent
June 18, 12:36pm

Bear Bag
Lawson... I would also be very interested in a 12x20 sac that could be used as a Bear Bag since that matches the size of the large OP sack. I would not feel comfortable using the pack liner for th...

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Pack Liner, Dry Bags and Coupon Code
June 17, 7:04am

superfeet/ insoles in trail runners
I have the same high arch problem and lots of other issues with my feet. I have always bought my hiking boots/shoes from an outfitter. I needed some new tennis shoes so I went to the local running...

In GEAR » superfeet / insoles in trail runners?
June 16, 8:27am

Snow Peak 600 water level marks
Gordon...thanks SO much for sharing that info. The SNP 600 is my favorite mug but I have been using a heavier mug because it had markings.

In GEAR » Snow Peak 600 water level marks
June 15, 10:51am

Cuban Fiber Pack Liner
Lawson...thanks for the Update... I just ordered one :) Do you know how long it takes to ship...I am hitting the trail next week and was not sure how long it takes. It's always fun to have n...

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Pack Liner, Dry Bags and Coupon Code
June 14, 1:20pm

1lb or Under bag
ooops.. the quilt part got added while I was posting. But I just unzip my highlite and use it like a quilt anyway

In GEAR » 1lb or under 32-40 degree bags?
June 11, 10:52am

1lb or Under 32-40 degree bag
Western Mountaineering Highlite Fabulous Company...Great Bag

In GEAR » 1lb or under 32-40 degree bags?
June 11, 10:50am

All Reader Reviews by Sunny Waller

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks customer service
I have ordered many products from Zpacks. The website is very specific about the wait time for gear that has to be made and Joe has never failed to deliver within that time frame. I had no problems re...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 13, 8:28pm

zpacks Company
I ordered some small stuff from ZPacks. The post office lost it and kept referring me to different people who just kept saying "yes..it's lost". I called Joe to make him aware and he imm...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 10:30am