Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 131 - 140 of 260 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Regular vs Medium?
"Can anyone tell me the difference between the Neoair "regular" vs the Neoair "medium"" Medium is 20" x 66" @ 13 oz Regular is 20" x 72" @ 14 oz

In Gear Deals » 50% off Neoair's + free shipping (old style.. not xlite)
February 01, 12:09pm

Re: Music is your only friend
Muddy Waters. wow, it's been a while since I've thought of him. Or heard his music. Thanks for posting that. :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Music is your only friend
January 31, 7:38am

Re: re: Clothing
Mark, If you are taking the JRB 30 degree quilt, I'd take the Capilene 3's. I took a heavier JRB quilt and the Cap 3's and was glad I had them at the higher elevation camps. I suppose...

In Philmont » Clothing - Please Check My List
January 29, 8:17pm

Re: REI
"FYI REI does have the Xlite's in stock now" It's not on their website, did you see one in a store somewhere?

In GEAR » New NeoAir Xlite and NeoAir Xtherm
January 26, 3:01pm

Re: Re: Compasses.
"PLUS: the recent solar eruption risks putting many satellites temporarily out of action. No GPS for a while, and limited phones." So do their PLB's still work? :)

In GEAR » Someone please explain button compasses
January 25, 6:42am

Re: Button compasses and orienteering
"Years ago there used to be orienteering organizations and clubs all over the country." I take my boys orienteering from time to time. It's a fun way to learn map and compass skill...

In GEAR » Someone please explain button compasses
January 24, 7:21am

Re: Trail System
"Look at the maps, see what is promising and cobble together your own route! It is fun. :)" +1 on what Paul said. And some spectacular scenery along the way. That would be a great hik...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Durango, CO to Ouray, CO
January 23, 2:05pm

Re: How I became UL
"What did is make a spread sheet with all my current weights and products I was considering buying and price them in terms of ounces saved per dollar and started buying from there. That way my...

In GEAR » Switching to UL gear, chicken or egg first?
January 20, 8:29am

Re: Gear Guide & Boy Scouts
"- A Gear List that is specific to Philmont Scout Ranch" That will be very helpful. I ordered one for our troop. Thanks, John

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide -- Now available!
January 17, 6:50pm

Re: Re: no new gear
Well somebody has to keep the cottage industry afloat. Since I haven't purchased any new gear in the last 3 years, I'm going to make up for it this year. More cuben, more carbon fiber, n...

In Philosophy & Technique » No New Gear 2012
January 13, 7:23am

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm