Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 131 - 140 of 263 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...27

Forum » Thread

Re: An ultralight life?
Rent or buy.... both have advantages and disadvantages, like almost every other possession or decision we have to make in life. Like more stuff or less stuff. Having stuff has advantages and...

In Philosophy & Technique » An ultralight life?
February 01, 3:45pm

Re: ULA Circuit
"Also mentioned above was using the freezer bag method of cooking. This allows you to carry two 2L pots instead of the 8L and 4L pots required for the "Philmont Method" of cooking.&q...

In Philmont » Philmont Backpacks
February 01, 3:06pm

Re: Philmont Backpacks
Welcome Earnie, Volume is an issue primarily due to the food. Food comes in bags that contain 2 meals each. For a 4 day resupply that means you need the space to carry 6 bags of food plus you...

In Philmont » Philmont Backpacks
February 01, 12:24pm

Re: Regular vs Medium?
"Can anyone tell me the difference between the Neoair "regular" vs the Neoair "medium"" Medium is 20" x 66" @ 13 oz Regular is 20" x 72" @ 14 oz

In Gear Deals » 50% off Neoair's + free shipping (old style.. not xlite)
February 01, 12:09pm

Re: Music is your only friend
Muddy Waters. wow, it's been a while since I've thought of him. Or heard his music. Thanks for posting that. :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Music is your only friend
January 31, 7:38am

Re: re: Clothing
Mark, If you are taking the JRB 30 degree quilt, I'd take the Capilene 3's. I took a heavier JRB quilt and the Cap 3's and was glad I had them at the higher elevation camps. I suppose...

In Philmont » Clothing - Please Check My List
January 29, 8:17pm

Re: REI
"FYI REI does have the Xlite's in stock now" It's not on their website, did you see one in a store somewhere?

In GEAR » New NeoAir Xlite and NeoAir Xtherm
January 26, 3:01pm

Re: Re: Compasses.
"PLUS: the recent solar eruption risks putting many satellites temporarily out of action. No GPS for a while, and limited phones." So do their PLB's still work? :)

In GEAR » Someone please explain button compasses
January 25, 6:42am

Re: Button compasses and orienteering
"Years ago there used to be orienteering organizations and clubs all over the country." I take my boys orienteering from time to time. It's a fun way to learn map and compass skill...

In GEAR » Someone please explain button compasses
January 24, 7:21am

Re: Trail System
"Look at the maps, see what is promising and cobble together your own route! It is fun. :)" +1 on what Paul said. And some spectacular scenery along the way. That would be a great hik...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Durango, CO to Ouray, CO
January 23, 2:05pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm