Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

JASON CUZZETTO (cuzzettj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale NorCal - South Bay
About Me I love the wilderness and UL gear.
I went on my first backpacking trip in Oregon when I was 6 weeks old (AUG72). It snowed all night long. When day light came I was the only thing left dry. Just wish I could remember it!

In 2000 my first UL trip resulted in a night hike to stay warm. Wrong gear.

Finished the BPL Scouting course (May 2010). Very cool. It was like closing a door. I feel like I can teach the principals now.
CityCampbell
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 131 - 140 of 224 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

NEW Gossamer Gear sale
Just got a pack for my wife and/or kid.

In Gear Deals » Gossamergear Sale
September 12, 4:41pm

RE:"Help me plan a hike please!?!" in New Zeland
First part is to add the in New Zeland part as I have seen quite a few BPL members from New Zeland post. This should get you started. Next let people know what your experience is and what you hav...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me plan a hike please!?!
September 11, 2:40pm

RE: "Boy Scouts and Lightweight Backpacking"
Last year I held a training session for the new boys and their parents and introduced them to my lightweight pack and showed them alternatives. I provided a list of my gear (I am cheap), what I pa...

In Editor's Roundtable » Boy Scouts and Lightweight Backpacking
September 10, 1:42pm

"Windshirt preference poll - hooded or not" - Not
I use my tarp as a scarf with my beanie or rain hat when I need the wind protection. I cross it in front and tuck it into the straps or my jacket if dry. It dries it out if a little damp in the...

In GEAR » Windshirt preference poll - hooded or not
September 06, 9:12am

"AT Speed Record Attempt"
I to didn't realize the Olympics started Yesterday. We haven't had regular TV or Cable for more than 6 years now. To throw my two cents in here I think these attempts are going to put...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » AT Speed Record Attempt
August 08, 4:23pm

"Type II diabetes (non-insulin) menu?"
Stick with meals that have at least 5 grams of fiber. Eat more freeze dried vegtables/soups. Not so much on the noodles. At least not for every meal. I like to buy Nile Spice's Black Be...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Type II diabetes (non-insulin) menu?
July 21, 1:57pm

"Choosing Bivy Bag Color"
One of the reasons I chose UL is so my gear could go with me wherever I went. It is light and so subdued colors are prefered. I don't camp far enough away from people to not be seen if I want...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Choosing Bivy Bag Color
July 21, 1:43pm

Re: Hydrating other starches without cooking.
Sarah - From what I have seen you could write a book with all of your ideas. The pictures help too. Maybe BPL should hire you for a column or we should have a recipe page with a rating system jus...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydrating ramen without cooking
July 18, 6:21pm

Hydrating ramen without cooking: Use Fungus!
I found the Fungus Among Us gormet mushroom maker. They have the following soups that you can use small amounts with your ramen or other noodles and the flavor is to die for!!! I love it. I usua...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydrating ramen without cooking
July 18, 6:16pm

"Ditch Your Stakes: A Guide To Alternative Shelter Anchors"
Wow. One of the best articles yet. The descriptions were superb. Thank you!!!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ditch Your Stakes: A Guide To Alternative Shelter Anchors
July 09, 1:49pm

All Reader Reviews by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Appy Trails Mark 5
Mark V – Appy Trails – Can’t beat the price! First of all, the price on this tarp tent is dead on. At $120.00 it is a fantastic deal. Manufacturer’s Specs: Sleeping capacity: 5 Average minimum we...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
February 28, 2:10pm

End2End Trail Supply GramWeenie
There is a lot of information in the other reviews so I will keep this simple. I bought both the Gram Weenie and it's big brother the Pro. Here is what I found. I used the small one first wit...

In Stoves - Alcohol
May 20, 1:55pm

Light My Fire Spork
***Update MRE Spoon, Titanium Spork, Lexan Fork, knife, spoon, and spork... The Light My Fire Spork looks cool, works great! I agree that the only down side is the length... But then again I...

In Cookware - Other
July 25, 1:24pm

Evernew .9 Liter pot
No big deal if the insualtion burns off for me. That is what the bandana is for... or one of the things. Great volume for up to three people.

In Cookware - Titanium
July 25, 12:58pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I agree. I sent them a couple of questions and a fix for their Web Site. I never new customer service reps could be so rude in their reply and they didn't even acknowledge they made a mistake an...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 2:48pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Down from a 5 to a 4... But still a 5 to me. Want to know why? Read on... A few weeks ago I received the Golite Pinnacle Pack in the mail. I wanted the pack because I love the Jam Pack I purch...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 13, 11:14am

Petzl e+LITE
This is a great light. I bought it for hiking but I took it with me on a 4 day camping trip the other day. What I liked most it gave us plenty of light late into the night. My wife used it for hour...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 02, 5:57pm

Keen Arroyo 2
I have had a pair or Newport closed tow keen sandals for about 3 years now. I absolutely love them! So I talked my wife into purchasing the Arroyo 2 for the both of us - let's call it a hybrid ru...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 31, 11:57am