BPL Community Profile

pack nwcurt (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me pack nwcurt has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by pack nwcurt

Showing 131 - 140 of 421 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...43

Forum » Thread

My Paleo
Great start, Doug! Just any FYI - Cordain has backed off his take on fat in a big way since that book came out. In fact, adding in high quality fats (coconut, well-sourced animal fat) often acceler...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
December 11, 9:35am

Tenkara and barbed or barbless hooks
"The number of fish I have lost because of shaking a hook, because it was barbless, is way less than 1%. I would guess, closer to 1 in 300 or so" Completely agree. In fact, I can't...

In Fishing » Tenkara and barbed or barbless hooks
December 08, 7:41am

$16 remote canister stove
I ordered one a couple weeks ago. Should be here soon. I'm thinking even if I can hack a Brunton fuel line from their remote adapter onto this it still comes out a pretty good deal. I have the ...

In GEAR » $16 remote canister stove
November 22, 7:52am

Down parka w/ long back length?
The First Ascent line comes in TALL sizes. I have the regular length Down Hoody and it's pretty decent length in the body for me and I'm 6'3". They didn't make it in a TALL unt...

In GEAR » Down parka w/ long back length?
November 20, 9:43am

WTB: Granite Gear Vapor Trail
Looking for a Vapor Trail in good condition. Prefer it unmodified, but it depends on the mods, I suppose. Prefer Long torso, but will consider a Reg if it's in the right condition. Belt size do...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Granite Gear Vapor Trail
November 15, 8:27am

FS: BPL Pants, Kahtoola Boots, Patagonia, POE
Updated prices and availability.

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL Pants, Kahtoola Boots, Patagonia, POE
November 01, 4:17pm

FS: BPL Pants, Kahtoola Boots, Patagonia, POE
Kahtoola FLIGHTboot - Snow Travel System Spiked boots for light-duty crampon use or in step-in snowshoe system. Brand new with tags. You can find a few on clearance for $50 on sale online, but no...

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL Pants, Kahtoola Boots, Patagonia, POE
October 30, 9:45am

Mailing gas canisters? Just did it today, actually!
Yep - just sent a box with 21 or 22 canisters from Seattle to Virginia. It was a huge pain in the rear trying to get someone to give me a straight answer. In the end, I had to get a document from C...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mailing gas canisters?
October 17, 8:54pm

Glacier Peak
@Chris: Fishing - especially alpine lake fishing - can be fantastically fun AND dirt cheap. In fact, I'd argue that cheap is a good way to go as the likelihood of rod breakage is much higher on...

In Photo Gallery » Cascades Last Week September 19th thru 24th
October 01, 11:39am

Paleo breakfast for the trail
Do the OvaEasy eggs have to be ordered or can they be found locally? Never seen them in a store.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Paleo breakfast for the trail
September 30, 8:11am

All Reader Reviews by pack nwcurt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am