BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 131 - 140 of 581 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Cirque it is
Out of curiosity, why did you choose that over the Arete? I've been considering them both as well and have been leaning towards the Arete, but Cirque being 24% off right now makes the think tw...

In GEAR » Cheap Winter tent
December 20, 11:31am

Re: Meetup - Yosemite Snowshoe/Ski to Dewey Pt. - Jan. 11-13
Very interested for Saturday night, possibly +1. Are you planning on hiking in on Friday?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Meetup - Yosemite Snowshoe/Ski to Dewey Pt. - Jan. 11-13
December 19, 3:04pm

Re: Re: SEKI Food Storage
Thanks, Tom. I guess I'm mostly wondering if it's reasonable to assume that there will be space for my food in the lockers when I get to them or if they generally tend to fill up by a cert...

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI 2013
December 14, 4:37pm

Re: Food storage
Thank Greg. For some reason I had just assumed that the canisters were required in all of SEKI, but according to that map that does not appear to be the case. That makes it much easier. Edit: ...

December 13, 3:09pm

SEKI Food Storage
I posted some questions a few weeks ago and ended up finding most of my answers from some trip reports. The main thing I'm still not sure about is food storage, so I updated my original post a...

December 13, 2:38pm

Re: When do you start
I've been using the Perpetuem on some trips the last couple years and it definitely seemed to keep my energy levels up a bit. I usually would take a mid morning break about 2 hours after I sta...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hammer Perpetuem
December 12, 12:56pm

Re: Revelation X quilt - recommended way to use shock cord.
I was confused about it as well. What I ended up doing is tying an end of the cord off to a loop on one side, then feeding the free end through the cord lock, then through the loop on the other si...

In GEAR » Revelation X quilt - recommended way to use shock cord.
December 07, 11:24am

Re: womens packs
Thanks for the suggestions. I think between the packs at REI and ULA we should hopefully be able to find one that works well.

In GEAR » Womens Pack for ~30 lbs Loads
December 05, 11:39am

Re: Maybe try on a few packs
Absolutely. There are a few contenders at REI that we plan to try out. But we're also looking for other ideas that might not be available in stores like REI. We don't mind paying a littl...

December 04, 1:16pm

Womens Pack for ~30 lbs Loads
My girlfriend is in the market for a pack to use with a loaded bear canister, which would probably put the total pack weight at around 25-30 lbs. So, in addition to being able to carry the weight,...

December 04, 11:13am

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm