BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant BPL Trip

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 131 - 140 of 576 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: When do you start
I've been using the Perpetuem on some trips the last couple years and it definitely seemed to keep my energy levels up a bit. I usually would take a mid morning break about 2 hours after I sta...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hammer Perpetuem
December 12, 12:56pm

Re: Revelation X quilt - recommended way to use shock cord.
I was confused about it as well. What I ended up doing is tying an end of the cord off to a loop on one side, then feeding the free end through the cord lock, then through the loop on the other si...

In GEAR » Revelation X quilt - recommended way to use shock cord.
December 07, 11:24am

Re: womens packs
Thanks for the suggestions. I think between the packs at REI and ULA we should hopefully be able to find one that works well.

In GEAR » Womens Pack for ~30 lbs Loads
December 05, 11:39am

Re: Maybe try on a few packs
Absolutely. There are a few contenders at REI that we plan to try out. But we're also looking for other ideas that might not be available in stores like REI. We don't mind paying a littl...

December 04, 1:16pm

Womens Pack for ~30 lbs Loads
My girlfriend is in the market for a pack to use with a loaded bear canister, which would probably put the total pack weight at around 25-30 lbs. So, in addition to being able to carry the weight,...

December 04, 11:13am

SEKI Food Storage
I have a 2 week trip in SEKI planned for next year and not exactly sure the best strategy for food storage. My preference would be to carry all of our food from the beginning, but the problem is I...

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI 2013
November 30, 5:21pm

Re: Solo in the Desert Pt 1 - Coyote Gulch
Nice report, Paul. I was just looking over my Buckskin Gulch pictures this past weekend and it got me thinking about doing a similar trip this spring. Coyote Gulch seems like it just might be the...

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo in the Desert Pt 1 - Coyote Gulch
November 27, 3:27pm

Re: Snowshoe In The Sierra December
I'm interested. I could probably only do Dec 8th though, possibly the 15th.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snowshoe In The Sierra December
November 14, 12:09pm

FS: Montbell UL SS #5 Sleeping Bag (Long/Left Zip) & SMD Meteor Bivy
Price drop on Meteor Bivy Montbell bag also still available

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Megalite, Montbell UL SS #5, SMD Meteor Bivy, & Yama Bug Shelter 1.25
November 01, 11:25am

Re: another perpetuem user
Thanks, Mike. Those definitely look like a better option than the snack sized ziplocs that I was thinking about using - less unused space and probably easier to pour. And you must get a ridicul...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Info on Fastpacking / Ultra Running Self-Supported Fueling Favorites
October 31, 10:43am

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm