BPL Community Profile

Peter McDonough (crazypete) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Above the Divided Line
About Me I backpack as the Studliest Studly Studmuffin of Studly Studliness who ever Studlied himself out of Studlyville.

I cut a large path while leaving no trace and carring less than three pounds in my pack.

If you want knowledge of some real scientific prinicples, talk to me and I will guide you to the sun.

See you on the other side.

And remember to keep to the mean.
CityForm of the Good
StateThe City
CountryUS of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter McDonough

Showing 131 - 140 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: The tarp
John Thems fightin words!! Tarping is the the first cornerstone of ultralight backpacking and yes, properly pitched, they WILL keep you dry in the heaviest of rainstorms.

In GEAR » Tarp idea
October 02, 11:11pm

Re: Tarp idea
A)Its heavy next to other tarps B)The grommets can tear out C)For a couple bucks more you can buy a roll of 3 mil plastic, and experiment with several lighter, stronger tarps cut from the same roll.

In GEAR » Tarp idea
September 30, 2:26pm

Re: Re: You say neutrino, I say muon, lets call the whole thing off!
10 dimensional???!!!! So THAAAATS what the sixth derivitive of position is..... :D

In Make Your Own Gear » Help with my first quilt
September 22, 12:24am

Re: Pick apart my gear List!
Get a different bivy, rainjacket, and insulating jacket. 9 oz for a closed cell pad??????? A TorsoLite is 10 oz. You can either add some comfort or drop some weight there. Get a lighter sleepin...

In Gear Lists » Pick apart my gear List!
September 19, 9:48pm

Re: Help with my first quilt
0.0 oz!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WOWWWWWWWWWW!!! Where can I get some of this weightless matter?? Heck, if I can get some of this then I have solved the mystery of dark matter in the universe. The g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help with my first quilt
September 16, 2:01pm

Re: Sub 2-lb October Hike
Yes but if you bring a 1.5 oz groundcloth and add it to the .86 oz you need for bottom protection, that gives you a total of 2.36 oz. Say you used .86/.35 yards cuben(2.457 yds), it seems as if yo...

In Gear Lists » Sub 2-lb October Hike
September 12, 7:52pm

Groundcloth
Why the ground cloth if you have the bivy??

In Gear Lists » Sub 2-lb October Hike
September 10, 11:26pm

Re: Re: Ray Way Books
A thirty second search on amazaon revealed that beyond backpacking is still alive and well and ready to be bought for under $15.

In GEAR » Ray Jardine's: Ray Way - Ultimate...
September 10, 11:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cheapest UL headlamp
Ear piercing?? Hell I had my arm removed so that I have a negative total FSO weight.

In Gear Lists » Cheapest UL Gear List Challenge
September 04, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Guy-line Knots - What is your favorite knot for tying off guy line and why?
Anchor bend to ursalight carabiner clipped to tarp, runs around stake and back to a tautline. Else bowline loops around biner and around stake.

In Philosophy & Technique » Guy-line Knots - What is your favorite knot for tying off guy line and why?
August 19, 4:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter McDonough

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
Of course you got clammy in it. The temperature was in the mid 60s. There is no need to wear a windshirt in the mid 60s unless you have a slight drizzle or there is a VERY VERY strong wind blowing. ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 16, 12:49pm