BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 131 - 140 of 248 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Keffiyah
Thanks for the update, Dale. Once everything gets settled down over here, I will have to get my hands on some fleece. I think I might try it out in some merino as well for a slightly warmer season ...

In GEAR » UL Fall/Winter Hat options
December 08, 8:27am

Keffiyah
I am liking the idea of a head wrap. The single triangle of fleece could work great. You may need to add a tassel or something to help hold it in place at the corners. I think a full sized wool kef...

In GEAR » UL Fall/Winter Hat options
December 07, 4:08pm

Re: UL bag for a AT thru-hike?
I've carried a decent bit of weight in my Murmur clone before. My baseweight for that time of year though in the lower AT is closer to 4.5 lbs, and I could carry 2 liters of water and 4 days of...

In GEAR » UL bag for a AT thru-hike?
December 07, 9:12am

Re: Gossamer Gear Murmur Dyneema DX First Look
I like the design. It looks like it has some good features and it will serve it's purpose well. That being said, I agree that I am not positive it's purpose will be the same as past Mur...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Murmur Dyneema DX First Look
December 06, 4:03pm

Re: I need a new bivy
Do you need a bivy? I've been using a bivy and tarp for a while now, but am starting to like the idea of just using a larger tarp. I'm thinking about making myself a 7'x9' cuben...

In GEAR » I need a new bivy
December 06, 12:13pm

Re: Any hope for a light 90L or so winter pack?
I think Dave C.'s MYOG North Fork Pack is something pretty large like that. You may be able to get in touch with him about some of his thoughts on it and then go to someone like Chris Zimmer fo...

In GEAR » Any hope for a light 90L or so winter pack?
December 05, 2:28pm

Looks good from here
I agree with Dustin. A working pack is a good pack. Even though, after I made my first, I had already made a new one before I had a second chance to use the first. So I know how you feel on trying ...

In Make Your Own Gear » my MYOG pack
December 05, 6:42am

Benefit
I don't know much about business, so I can't say if it is a good decision or not. But, I do know that people selling on gear swap are receiving a great benefit. I posted a couple of mon...

In GEAR » Gear Swap & Capilene
December 04, 10:37am

Supplies
I don't think kits are necessary, but they can help you get all the supplies you need without leaving things out. I still sometimes forget to order some small piece of hardware, like a buckle, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Newbi on board, looking for a few helpful tips.
December 03, 9:40am

Stays
Not to totally derail this train of thought, but does anyone know where I could just get flat aluminum stays? I think higginssupply.com was once suggested, but I'm not sure if I could order jus...

In Make Your Own Gear » UL Backpack Fram Question
December 02, 11:34am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.