BPL Community Profile

Casey Bowden (clbowden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Berkeley Hills
About Me In 1999 I rode a bike from Oregon to Virgina using lightweight backpacking methods from Ray Jardine's book, Hiking the PCT. My first backpacking experience came 1 year later and I have been hooked ever since.
CityKensington
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://CaseyAndEmily.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Casey Bowden

Showing 131 - 140 of 516 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
Thanks John, I assume Francis meant "windshirt" instead of "softshell jacket" but would like to know for sure.

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
February 07, 4:34pm

Re: Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
The author wrote: "My ultralight soft shell jacket weighs 3.5 ounces (99 g)." What is the brand / model?

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
February 07, 2:12pm

Re: An ultralight life?
+1 on the entire thread. However, concerning item seven: 7. Sell house when able. Rent much smaller house. Since you have to live somewhere, I think it's better to own a home if you ca...

In Philosophy & Technique » An ultralight life?
February 01, 3:02pm

McHale, The Last Pack You'll Ever Buy
Don't believe it... Consider the following points, in no particular order: 1. Even if a McHale pack lasts a lifetime (I haven't heard otherwise anywhere), it won't be your last pa...

In GEAR » If you could only have one pack Part 2
January 30, 1:54pm

Re: baffled
Thanks for the link. After watching the video, I find it interesting that they had to shake the jars with water and down for 2 minutes to soak the untreated down. I would have thought a few secon...

In GEAR » baffled
January 26, 12:50pm

Re: MYOG UL wood saw. Cheap.
David, You're awesome. Not just for this post/offer but for all of your other posts over the past month or so. By the way, how did you end up going from Berkeley to Kenai?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG UL saw. Cheap.
January 25, 4:35pm

Re: Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
BPL Staff, Will an update to a "rolling" review article count as a new weekly article? (EDITED BY STAFF: "No.")

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
January 24, 3:07pm

Re: FS: Zebralight Headlamp
Awesome deal. I'd be all over this if I ever left my computer to go out.

In Gear Swap » FS: Zebralight Headlamp
January 19, 4:47pm

My Caldera Clone
I'm not interested in buying any of the existing Caldera Cones, chiefly because of the bulky way they pack up. However, I would like to buy Ultras Caldera Clone, since it fits in the pot witho...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Caldera Clone
January 07, 3:44pm

Re: Re: Backpack without Shoulder Straps?
Why wouldn't the sternum strap keep it stable?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpack without Shoulder Straps?
January 06, 2:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Casey Bowden

Casey Bowden has posted no reviews.