BPL Community Profile

cary bertoncini (cbert) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale N. California
About Me cary bertoncini has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by cary bertoncini

Showing 131 - 140 of 892 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...90

Forum » Thread

desolation in August
that sounds about right. many here might even go with less, but if you want to allow for potential lows (or if you like to be comfortable) it sounds about right & what I usually bring, thoug...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » outerwear for Desolation wilderness?
July 27, 11:42pm

Bears are driving me crazy
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38385913/ns/us_news/

In Chaff » Bears are driving me crazy
July 26, 11:14pm

Lodi Zins
I've had the Campus Oaks, but some of the others I've had and liked a lot didnt' even make this list: http://www.zinsoflodi.com/the_wines1.htm

In Chaff » Any BPL Winos Out There
July 25, 1:29pm

I tutored for the owners of Renwood
the youngest daughter was preparing for a pre-SAT test. They have the original art for the wren logo on their entry wall. Gave me a bottle of their I think 2006 Zin (whatever one around that...

July 25, 1:25pm

could be because of where I live
but I'm partial to Zins and Syrahs (Sacramento area)

July 25, 1:14pm

I think health is #1
I say that as someone who has experienced life as both a super healthy freak of nature who never got tired and as someone who has had to cope (and learn to re-cope whenever the variables change) wi...

In Chaff » How do you save money and live a simple life?
July 24, 1:03am

vitamin I works better for me than naproxen/alieve
i haven't had stomach issues with the vitamin I, but naproxen made me sick a couple times, so I stay away from it now it i'm really hurting i reach for the vicodin though

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aleve vs Ibuprofin
July 24, 12:31am

Golden Trout
hehehe. yeah, they are big up there. on a previous trip I actually caught them much bigger but didn't have a camera. i'd have to be in much better shape to get back up there. maybe n...

In Fishing » Shakespeare Ultra Light Action Travel Mate?
July 23, 5:01pm

I like my setup
it's an Eagle Claw 5 piece 6.5' packrod (made from fiberglass rather than graphite, so it's more sensitive and less stiff) and the smallest pflueger reel I could find--they were about $...

In Fishing » Shakespeare Ultra Light Action Travel Mate?
July 23, 3:30pm

I wanna go back to Darwin Bench!
I hope I can get past whatever my problem was last year. So far this year, I'm doing better in the heat, so maybe whatever brain damage I had from that heat episode is gradually recovering ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
July 20, 1:09pm

All Reader Reviews by cary bertoncini

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aquastar Aquastar - plus
Weight - 8.5 ounces, including the 1 liter lexan bottle. Dead on what I got for the weight on my scale. Features - water purifier, water storage, LED lantern. Just tested out my new UV Aquastar...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 20, 2:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I'm impressed with the quiet and comfortable suit. Haven't been in a downpoor yet, but I did use it while hiking and was impressed with comfort and lack of sweat buidup inside (I did remove a layer b...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 07, 10:47pm