Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

cary bertoncini (cbert) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale N. California
About Me cary bertoncini has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by cary bertoncini

Showing 131 - 140 of 911 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...92

Forum » Thread

wow
2lbs is a big bird! From the pic I was guessing less than a pound. Holy cow--I mean a red shouldered hawk, which is a pretty big bird, doesn't even go 2lbs. If it was that big, definitely not a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » a wild bird question
August 17, 10:07pm

yes but
notice the green area right around yosemite of year 'round population of ptarmigan

August 17, 9:08pm

sage grouse?
I'd have guessed that is a White Tailed Ptarmigan or Sooty Grouse

August 17, 3:14pm

hiking "speed"
I used to be full-fast, but tend to be about half-fast nowadays, and I usually start slow and taper off.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 3:12pm

jacket
I've almost always wound up wearing my warm jacket up in there. With the cold winds and the chance of surprising lows, it's always a good idea when going for more than a couple nights. I wa...

In Gear Lists » JMT 6 days
August 11, 11:55pm

I think not going over Lamarck, right?
But around to Bishop Pass, so the Bench would be a side trip, right? Not sure I'd want Chacos over Muir or Bishop, but I guess my Salomon's aren't a whole lot more supportive and did...

In Gear Lists » JMT 6 days
August 11, 9:37pm

Shoot To Kill
1988 film with Sidney Poitier & Tom Berenger

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grim news near Yellowstone
August 10, 7:34pm

good tool
i've used it before--thanks for posting :)

In On the Web » Whatbird.com - Identifying Birds
August 09, 5:34pm

hahahaha (trout)
heck no--we ate tiny golden trout but they were wrapped in foil with seasonings (including sage growing along the trail) over an open fire and they were much tastier--that big old brown was ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
August 09, 4:17pm

previous backpack trout
made a meal of this one, caught while backpacking last year. put in foil with seasonings and cooked over an open fire. this one was about 20" and about 3.5 lbs.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
August 09, 3:26pm

All Reader Reviews by cary bertoncini

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aquastar Aquastar - plus
Weight - 8.5 ounces, including the 1 liter lexan bottle. Dead on what I got for the weight on my scale. Features - water purifier, water storage, LED lantern. Just tested out my new UV Aquastar...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 20, 2:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I'm impressed with the quiet and comfortable suit. Haven't been in a downpoor yet, but I did use it while hiking and was impressed with comfort and lack of sweat buidup inside (I did remove a layer b...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 07, 10:47pm