BPL Community Profile

cary bertoncini (cbert) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale N. California
About Me cary bertoncini has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by cary bertoncini

Showing 131 - 140 of 899 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...90

Forum » Thread

no defense for that behavior
none. if the person at the booth doesn't at least make eye contact with everyone at their booth within a few seconds, they don't deserve to be working. suggesting that this is femini...

In GEAR » Does texting have a place in the gear market? OR show rant.
August 08, 9:02pm

The Miracle
(by Ralph Waldo Emerson) I have trod this path a hundred times With idle footsteps, crooning rhymes. I know each nest and web-worm's tent, The fox-hole which the woodchucks rent, Maple a...

In Chaff » A Change
August 06, 9:34pm

A Change
Wandering I was watched by a tiny hummingbird alone I was greeted by her piping call for a moment shared my eyes my mind transfixed by her watching eye head smaller than my thumb cocked to...

In Chaff » A Change
August 06, 12:29pm

you sound just like
Thoreau which is somewhat my point: the basis of our way of perceiving truth and what is important for each individual life originates significantly in the works of E & T I think Emerson...

In Chaff » How do you save money and live a simple life?
August 06, 1:02am

Emerson & Thoreau
I put them on a much higher level than Nick does. While Darwin and Marx are infuential and important thinkers, neither is an artist in my opinion: Darwin was a scientist and Marx a social scientist...

In Chaff » How do you save money and live a simple life?
August 05, 11:15pm

bushbuddy in the sierras above 10K
the rationale for no fires above 10K is not the fear or risk of forest fires (we're talking above treeline here) but rather it is to prevent the scavenging of scarce wood resources, which resul...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy or BushBuddy Ultra?
August 04, 12:13am

summer reading
I'm a grad student, so some of my reading is not by choice. Just spent a month reading a lot of journal articles and one book on creative writing pedagogy. This month I'll be reading a ...

In Other Activities » Summer Reading Recommendations
August 04, 12:02am

desolation in August
that sounds about right. many here might even go with less, but if you want to allow for potential lows (or if you like to be comfortable) it sounds about right & what I usually bring, thoug...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » outerwear for Desolation wilderness?
July 27, 11:42pm

Bears are driving me crazy
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38385913/ns/us_news/

In Chaff » Bears are driving me crazy
July 26, 11:14pm

Lodi Zins
I've had the Campus Oaks, but some of the others I've had and liked a lot didnt' even make this list: http://www.zinsoflodi.com/the_wines1.htm

In Chaff » Any BPL Winos Out There
July 25, 1:29pm

All Reader Reviews by cary bertoncini

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aquastar Aquastar - plus
Weight - 8.5 ounces, including the 1 liter lexan bottle. Dead on what I got for the weight on my scale. Features - water purifier, water storage, LED lantern. Just tested out my new UV Aquastar...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 20, 2:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I'm impressed with the quiet and comfortable suit. Haven't been in a downpoor yet, but I did use it while hiking and was impressed with comfort and lack of sweat buidup inside (I did remove a layer b...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 07, 10:47pm