BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 131 - 140 of 432 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...44

Forum » Thread

re: annealing
> For just a couple pieces of roof flashing, rolling is the same as drawing only limited to a couple dimensions, I would run them over a stove burner till they start browning. I agree with Jo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fins on a Rockstar can
January 12, 10:56am

re: soda can annealing
> Are soda cans not annealed? Wooh, no! Most of the stuff you buy that's finished product won't be annealed; it will be work hardened as per the last machining step. Unless it speci...

January 12, 10:49am

re: vortex
When the JetBoil came out, I scribbled a few alternative HX ideas. One of which was spiral fins around the outside of the pan....

January 11, 12:20pm

re MSR HX
Jerry; yeah, the wide strip strapped the HX to the pan, but it seemed way OTT for that function. I think you replied on one of the linked threads, with your wire suggestion; same idea as a thin st...

January 11, 12:17pm

re: Lid suggestions
Here's a way of making a reasonably robust but lightweight lid from drinks can sidewall. The edge is pretty rough, but if you had fancy edge-rolling tools, you could do a much better job. I o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cones - My Adventures in Improving the ULC system
January 11, 11:02am

re: Variations on Fins on a Rockstar can
Nicely done HX , David. Having folded a lot of Al for the SqueezeBox stove, I'd suggest running something along the short folded section if you want to flatten it; if the foil is soft and th...

January 11, 10:55am

the contentious script
Well, as the originator of the troublesome clone generator script, I've been pondering this thread, and I guess it's time to comment. It was never my intention to cause damage to Rand an...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Caldera Clone
January 11, 6:13am

re: alternative sewing?
The other thing I thought of last night is the use of zig-zag stitching, rather than a simple straight seam. Anything to break up that line of weakness. Zig-zag stiching is commonly used in load-...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dynamic Reinforcement Patch Testing
January 06, 7:53am

alternative sewing?
If the failure is at the sewn seam (circumferential), why not change the sewing to radial lines from the attachment point? It might cause the tie-out to tear into strips, but this might at least h...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dynamic Reinforcement Patch Testing
January 05, 11:56am

re: Credit where it's due-
[cough]Flissure joint[/cough] ;-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Pleated conical alky stove
January 05, 11:46am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.