BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 131 - 140 of 318 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...32

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Wonder Why Bearikade Fails?
"...I went with the bearikade its lighter at a greater volume with the draw back being a higher price... About that picture with the grizzly, as some one pointed out to me that is the only ...

In GEAR » Bear Canisters
May 23, 5:03pm

Re: organizing tackle
Just get a small little divided container. The key is not to take everything. Pick out the most important stuff and leave the rest behind. At the end of your trip evaluate what you didn't us...

In Fishing » organizing tackle
May 23, 10:07am

Re: Not usually a problem for me, but...
"...If I was really having trouble? 44 ml of a 90% ethanol/10% dihydrodgen monoxide solution, taken orally with one glass of water..." -John A. Careful! Mountain stream water is quite...

In GEAR » Take any meds to fall asleep after a medium size hiking day?
May 22, 3:30pm

Re: Fasthike Fiber?
I don't really know anything about fasthiking, but if you are trying to stay regular, have you considered acidophilus pills? They are the concentrated bacteria in yogurt. They won't add a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fasthike Fiber?
May 21, 10:06am

Re: Lighter1 Review
"Not legal to be used like that in the King Range as I have stated before." - Ken That is not accurate. You just can't leave uncanistered food out of your reach. Why would your c...

In GEAR » Ultra Light Bear Canister
May 21, 9:43am

Re: BEST ultralight spinning rod / reel.
it looks like you have Jay beat at 7.3 ounces. Nice setup, but the rod seems a bit pricey for a spinning set-up. The rule of thumb I have heard on fishing equipment is spend your money on the r...

In GEAR » BEST ultralight spinning rod / reel.
May 14, 3:42pm

Re: Re: "Ultra Light Bear Canister" ........ lighter 1
"hope nobody has wasted their money on that one." - jshann Why do you say that John? I have been quite critical of lighter1's advertising, but I think there is a lot to like about...

In GEAR » Ultra Light Bear Canister
May 14, 8:42am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Aqua Regia and law
Greg, I think the base material of the ball of Pt Black is important in that it should not have a large thermal mass. The reaction is very slow to begin with and you need that slow reaction to ...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
April 21, 12:18pm

Re: Delay in work
All are available with differing levels of difficulty. 0) Nitric acid A weak (~10%) solution can be bought in hardware or wood-working stores as the wood stain Aqua Fortis. Alternatively you...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
April 18, 10:58am

Re: First impressions: Tundra ethical sleeping bag model Pure-0
Nice I am glad you like your purchase. It sounds like you bought this over what you thought was an equivalent WM bag, but this bag ended up having a bit less down. Is that correct? What unethi...

In GEAR » First impressions: Tundra ethical sleeping bag model Pure-0
April 16, 11:12am

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.