BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 131 - 140 of 280 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Soto Microregulator vs. Monatauk Gnat in Cold Wx
"What I'd like to see here is more testing where the canister temperature is more than 10 Fahrenheit degrees but less than 20 Fahrenheit degrees above the boiling point of the fuel. The So...

In GEAR » Soto Microregulator vs. Monatauk Gnat in Cold Wx
February 20, 5:56pm

Re: Re: Soto Microregulator vs. Monatauk Gnat in Cold Wx
I just wanted to add a few comments. Nice job with the write-up Hikin' Jim whether Soto intended it or not you are doing a good job dispelling some myths that are obviously floating around (...

In GEAR » Soto Microregulator vs. Monatauk Gnat in Cold Wx
February 20, 10:32am

Re: Small tube
I think that is probably a good idea (did you ever try to light a fancee feast stove with your catalyst?). I have done some more research on this. The catalytic reaction is methanol (CH3OH) in th...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
February 20, 9:52am

Homemade lighter failure :(
Ok, I move pretty slow in MYOG, but I finally got around to trying out the platinum thermocouple wire in a MYOG catalytic stove lighter. It was a big failure. I saw no evidence that the wire was ...

February 19, 11:00am

Re: Re: Re: Bear cannister shape
I think there is a better thread somewhere, but: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=60298&startat=80 half way down the pag...

In GEAR » Bear cannister shape
February 12, 2:39pm

Re: Bear cannister shape
There was a guy on here last year working on that. It doesn't seem like it amounted to much: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread...

In GEAR » Bear cannister shape
February 12, 12:14pm

Re: feeling lazy
With only four vertical poles, only two will be against your back. That will be two flat ridges up each side of your back, then the hoops on either side will be protruding into you. It doesn'...

In Make Your Own Gear » idea for a UL, fabric less backpack--bamboo, carbon fiber, dyneema line--suggestions, feedback welcomed
January 30, 10:50pm

Omega thermocouple wire
http://www.omega.com/pptst/SPPL.html As far as I can tell, your link is for pure platinum wire for use as the negative terminal in type R and S thermocouples. I am pretty sure the stuff I bough...

January 30, 8:09am

Re: Re: Re: Platinized Titanium Anode 2"x3"
According to the ebay ad I bought pure platinum thermocouple wire, though the ad was thin on details. Standard high temp thermocouples use a pure platinum wire with a platinum alloy wire to form t...

January 28, 11:08pm

Re: Platinized Titanium Anode 2"x3"
I bought the last 10 inches from the ebay listing... sorry :( They have some 0.005" stuff for $2.50/inch. That anode certainly might be a better deal. I wonder how the plating will hold u...

January 25, 5:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.