Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Miguel Arboleda (butuki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Kanto Plain, Japan
About Me The top of the mountain is more an afterthought than a destination for me. Its the trees and creatures, the weather and people along the way that make the walking good. It's why it's always so hard to come back down. And why, with the odor of days imprinted in synthetics, my coming back down is hard for others, too!
StateTokyo
CountryJapan
My Website URLhttp://laughing-knees.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 131 - 140 of 2598 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: Men's Fairy Tale
My comment "I am not Japanese" is an obvious joke only to anyone that reads my name . Franco, yes, I got that. And know that you weren't condemning all Japanese. I just wanted to g...

In Chaff » Men's Fairy Tale
February 13, 10:54pm

Just came back to this thread after a long absence. Wow! What a range of thoughts and emotions it's put me through. In that way very interesting thread. Some thoughts. Joking is really ha...

February 13, 9:46pm

Re: The Misery That Che Helped to Bring
Okay, I admit ignorance on Che Guevara. Just read up quite a lot about him, and forced myself to look at as many accounts as possible so I could get a balanced view (not necessarily influenced by A...

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
February 12, 12:37am

Re: Can BPL just delete all CHAFF? Sure, but why not just ignore it?
I just had to ask, "Woody Allen" and "Che Guevara™ are "odd, pathetic, and/or evil examples"?!? What an odd statement. Especially for Che Guevara. He is very much love...

February 11, 4:56am

What is it with that whole western (I've never heard anyone here ever say that) "put the toilet seat down" thing? I know why it is demanded, but I've often wondered why the women ...

February 06, 4:36pm

Re: BSA discrimination policy :(
"that's offensive to them." This IS assuming that there is something offensive about GAY people, right? If the Pope is GAY, what's the harm? As long as he isn't a pedophile...

February 03, 2:59am

Re: Angry Americans
Luke, well, I wasn't really being combative in my earlier posts. I was merely being direct about things that I find Americans don't want to face or talk about. Those things sound combative ...

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 26, 8:45am

Re: Angry Americans
Miguel you seem to have had lots of horrible experiences in America and for that I'm truly sorry. But you do seem to have spent most of your time in the worst areas of America and in a tumultuo...

January 25, 11:59pm

Re: matches and lighters
Nick, what's really funny and quite a mind-bender is that of all the countries in the world that have stepped up security measures after September 11th, the TSA, working for the country that st...

In GEAR » Tips on flying with Backpack in checked in baggage
January 24, 10:25pm

Re: Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
Phew! The thread has doubled in size since I last checked in. No way I can hope to address everything talked about since then. So let me just reply to the questions that were asked of me. Keep i...

January 24, 9:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear The One
These are comments I made in the forum, just added here for easy reference: I just got back from a three day walk with the One yesterday. It was great, just what I wanted. It's still very much ...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
May 17, 6:08am

ULA Equipment
I just received my Arctic Pack yesterday, a pack that I wasn't going to buy at first because of the expense, but after reading other people's reviews and my just not having enough time to make...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 06, 12:32am

Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada)
I became a member of MEC in 1992, paying the membership fee and enjoying buying things at great prices and getting very well made gear that you couldn't find anywhere else. Ever since the regul...

February 02, 9:45am

TarpTent
I have three of Henry's creations, the original Squall, the Squall 2, and the Rainbow. All of them have performed wonderfully and have changed the way I go backpacking (along with Glen van Peski a...

January 18, 10:24am

Mont Bell
(well, what do you know, I can't use the word "f*nny pack"!) I've been using MontBell gear since 1977, two years after they started, when I bought my first rain poncho. I still ha...

December 16, 8:36pm

Shires Tarptent Rainbow

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 07, 12:13am