BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 131 - 140 of 565 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...57

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
oh of course... base weight... food not included :-P

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
December 14, 5:15pm

Re: Re: re:"Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs."
I think that the reverse would happen... More people would appreciate the wilderness which would mean more political pressure on conservation. ... which means more parks for us :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
December 14, 3:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
"They could be perfectly happy with their current setup." Oh sure... in that situation you obviously wouldn't do anything. But about half of the time when I tell people my pack ...

December 14, 3:01pm

Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
Has anyone created a one pager to explain ultralight backpacking? I OFTEN meet people with insane 65 lb packs... Usually when I'm flying past them... It would be nice to have a flier...

December 13, 1:58pm

Galaxy S3 or S4...
I'd recommend using Backcountry Navigator and a Samsung Galaxy S3 or S4... apparently the S3 has longer battery life. The KEY thing is that it supports removable batteries and charges with s...

In GEAR » GPS necessary for the CDT?
December 13, 1:49pm

nope...
not yet. I came up with it last time. What don't you understand though. Seems straight forward but maybe I'm not good at explaining it... I'll create a video next time.

In GEAR » Avoid losing your tent stakes by permanently attaching your guy lines to them...
December 12, 1:37pm

Avoid losing your tent stakes by permanently attaching your guy lines to them...
I always worry about losing my tent stakes... Either I can't find them because they're camouflaged or the wind caught my tarp and ripped them out of the ground throwing them somewhere......

In GEAR » Avoid losing your tent stakes by permanently attaching your guy lines to them...
December 12, 12:45pm

Re: Re: Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
how did it happen? Did you deserve it or was it just out of the blue... If the skunk knows you're there and isn't threatened he shouldn't spray...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
December 11, 4:20pm

Re: Re: Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
No way... I would MUCH prefer to be around skunks. Grizzlies have an essentially unlimited amount of violence they can unleash on you... Skunks have a finite supply of odor which needs to be reple...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
December 11, 12:05pm

skunks...
honestly, they are the least of your worries. If you don't scare him he won't spray. I used to feed 2-3 of them behind my loft in the western portion of San Francisco. They were al...

December 11, 12:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.