Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart Burke (burkest) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Collegiate Peaks Wilderness
About Me Stuart Burke has not added a biography yet.
CityMadison
StateWI
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List140 mile Colorado loop hike

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Burke

Showing 131 - 140 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Mid panel tie out question
I have a homemade 58" by 108" rectangular spinnaker tarp. I want to add a tie out in the middle of the tarp to increase the "interior volume" when it is pitched as a lean-to. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Mid panel tie out question
October 08, 8:02am

Re: Heading up to Grand Marais this weekend
If you are going to be in grand marais I would hike the devil track river segment if you have not already done it. The river is really pretty and goes through a 80 foot deep canyon in some places. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Aborted overnight on SHT
October 02, 7:54pm

Re: Gear failure on the AT
Vick, You might have missed this because you were on the AT: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/9029/index.html It should answer questions about th...

In GEAR » Gear failure on the AT
September 30, 4:19pm

Re: What do you all put into your hipbelt pockets?
I put food in my left pocket and chapstick, water treatment kit, camera, alcohol hand gel, and a balm jar of hydropel in the right pocket.

In GEAR » What do you all put into your hipbelt pockets?
September 26, 8:57pm

Aborted overnight on SHT
I had intended to go for a out and back overnighter today but I decided to come back early because of a recuring knee injury. Even through the hike was cut short I had a great time because the weat...

In Post-Trip Reports » Aborted overnight on SHT
September 26, 7:16pm

Re: Inov8 318
Roger, I checked the URL you provided and they list a roclite GTX 318 but not a flyroc 318. At first I thought that Sam might have been confused about the name but I doubt he used a gore-tex sho...

In GEAR » Which Innov 8?
September 25, 7:25pm

Re: Re: Which Innov 8?
Sam, Is the flyroc 318 a new model? I looked on the Inov-8 website today and did not see it listed.

In GEAR » Which Innov 8?
September 25, 7:03pm

If you are returning shoes to Golite/Timerland...
Make sure you tell them you need the shoes by a certain date. I contacted customer service on the 17th to return my defective shoes. The shipped the new shoes on the 19th and They are not scheduled...

In GEAR » If you are returning shoes to Golite/Timerland...
September 24, 6:41am

double post
double post

In GEAR » If you are returning shoes to Glolite/Timberland...
September 24, 6:41am

Re: tarp photo
Is there still a tarp availble or have they both sold?

In Gear Swap » 2 gray cat tarps, new
September 18, 5:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Burke

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Simblissity Levagaiter
I love these gaiters. I wear them every time I go hiking. They breathe well, dry fast, keep debris out of my shoes and stay in place. When I first used the gaiters it took a few tries to get the fit r...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 26, 4:47pm

Montrail Stratos XCR
I like mine quite a bit. They fit well and are reasonably light. My only complaint after hiking 40 miles with them is that the padding around the ankle soaks up a lot of water and takes a long time (s...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 31, 8:39pm