BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 131 - 140 of 559 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...56

Forum » Thread

DX40
Hey Michael if you're looking for DX40 I have some for sale in gear swap here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=72633&ski...

In Make Your Own Gear » Waterproofness of Dyneema D40?
January 28, 9:54pm

Re: Dyneema waist pack? Custom job?
+1 on the Zimmer rec. Have him do it with some D40/DX40. It's mostly dyneema and way cheaper than full dyneema. Mchale would be great too, but probably a lot more spendy.

In GEAR » Dyneema waist pack? Custom job?
January 27, 9:41pm

Re: Re: UHMWPE Extravaganza! FS: Full spectra, Dyneema X, DX40 and cuben for MYOG
Spectra sold.

In Gear Swap » UHMWPE Extravaganza! FS: Full spectra, Dyneema X, DX40 and cuben for MYOG
January 25, 2:37pm

Re: UHMWPE Extravaganza! FS: Full spectra, Dyneema X, DX40 and cuben for MYOG
Dyneema X, .74 oz cuben, and a couple yards of 1.43 oz cuben sold.

In Gear Swap » UHMWPE Extravaganza! FS: Full spectra, Dyneema X, DX40 and cuben for MYOG
January 25, 9:20am

Re: Don't Use Tennis Shoes
Winter doesn't necessarily = boots. There's lots of strategies for wearing trail runners in winter for those of us that don't have enough snow for skis or snowshoes (but still hike in ...

In GEAR » layering footwear
January 24, 10:25pm

Re: layering footwear
Typically the VBL would be over a thin liner. I've done a couple trips this month with highs in single digits, 8" or so of snow with just midweight wool socks and Rocky Gtx socks and am f...

In GEAR » layering footwear
January 24, 9:46pm

UHMWPE Extravaganza! FS: Full spectra, Dyneema X, DX40 and cuben for MYOG
Please email me at swihart dot b at gmail rather than PM. All prices include shipping to the CONUS. I'll gladly ship anywhere for a bit extra. I have probably 7 or so yds each of the DX40 ...

January 24, 4:28pm

Re: Re: How often do you hike or backpack?
I'm probably in the 100ish nights a year camp, Fall/winter/spring I'm backpacking at least 2-3 weekends every month and live bordering a good sized wilderness area, so weeknight overnights ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How often do you hike or backpack?
January 23, 9:38pm

Re: 2013 winter list: Northern Rockies
Good list Dave. Any reason you're using the Boreas over the Cap4 for a midlayer? Seems like brethability might be limited with the Boreas plus Essenshell vs Cap4 plus Boreas. I suppose the C...

In Gear Lists » 2013 winter list: Northern Rockies
January 23, 8:12am

Re: Re: Re: Shangri-La 2 or MLD Trailstar?
I had a Trailstar and now have an SL2 which will probably be on the sale block soon. Most of the time I like the SL2, but when weather gets bad and you're trying to do anything other than slee...

In GEAR » Shangri-La 2 or MLD Trailstar?
January 21, 9:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.