Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 131 - 140 of 839 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...84

Forum » Thread

"My "wind shirt" rant..."
Kate reminds me of another reason that a windshirt is redundant for my multi-day hikes: I always wear a nylon sun shirt. It has a very tight weave and is a kind of windshirt in that regard. My ...

In Multiple Use Gear » My "wind shirt" rant...
March 25, 6:21pm

Hi Richard: I actually do own a Houdini, and really like it for use on local walks and hikes. I especially like the hood. Where I live the weather will change hourly sometimes and the Houdini is gr...

March 24, 11:05am

We are one people, divided by windshirts. I'm with Eric. If I stop at a pass for lunch with views and it's windy, out comes my Event. Often, it's so windy on a pass that a windshirt wou...

March 23, 7:44pm

"Toe blisters"
Well yeah Roger's right: look into the shoe. Perhaps a brand with a wider toe box? Try Keens in- store to get a sense of what a really wide toe box is like, then go from there. And definitely s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toe blisters
March 23, 10:19am

"Toe blisters"
Try a piece of Moleskin with a diamond cut out in the center. Wrap this with a narrow strip of Leukotatpe.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toe blisters
March 22, 8:10pm

"Palcohol approved by TTB"
Through my psychic abilities I'm able to forsee a large uptick in snake bites on the hands and arms of young male backpackers. Also, "hey, watch this!" reported as the last words spok...

In On the Web » Palcohol approved by TTB
March 19, 4:03pm

"Attitude versus Altitude"
Then you'll recognize me on the trail by my calm demeanor and minty-fresh breath!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Attitude versus Altitude
March 15, 4:56pm

"Attitude versus Altitude"
the nice thing about pulse oximeters--other than that they're very light--is that they provide objective information. I first started using a heart rate monitor (tho not an oximeter) at the gy...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Attitude versus Altitude
March 15, 2:30pm

"Zpacks "Arc Haul - Zip" in Cuben first impressions"
It's a bit hard to tell from the photos how sturdy the side 'poles' are that add structure to this pack. (Or are these beefier stays?). It almost seems to look like a stripped down exte...

In GEAR » Zpacks "Arc Haul - Zip" in Cuben first impressions
March 15, 9:57am

"Loosely tied shoes"
I wear Keens--clown shoes indeed!--precisely for the very wide toe box. In addition, on downhills, I usually tie my laces with a second cross loop on the third hook down from the top, then cross ag...

In GEAR » Loosely tied shoes
March 13, 5:01pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm