Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Guest

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 131 - 140 of 323 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...33

Forum » Thread

MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
Michael, I've been in the Sierras and just saw your post. The breathability of M55 feels very similar to M90. I recently used the newer M50 for a windshirt and summer quilt and although it has ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
September 24, 9:21pm

SHR Trip of a Lifetime
Thank you Manfred for your detailed trip report and photos! You and Andrew kept an amazing pace. I am reading this from a hotel in Bishop, I'm leaving tomorrow to hike the first section of the ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
September 15, 1:48am

Lake Basin
Thanks for your Lake Basin TR and photos. Your photography is beautiful (as usual). The Marion Lake photos have got me psyched! I will be there next week while on the SHR and have a rest day schedu...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lake Basin, Kings Canyon National Park, California
September 09, 1:24am

Quest
I have also received their follow-up emails to confirm information about my orders. With the exception of Joe Velasko who else does that? Another +1 for customer service.

In Make Your Own Gear » Quest Outfitters
August 26, 10:33pm

Lightweight Inflatable Pad
I am a side sleeper and after using all sizes of the NeoAirs, a Kookabay Torsolite (ouch) and some other CC foam pads I finally found an inflatable pad that works. The Klymit Inertia X-Lite is just...

In GEAR » durable, lightish and reasonably price inflatable sleeping pad?
August 26, 10:23pm

Re: Gould Pass ~ Cross Country to Rae Lakes
Thanks for your positive feedback everybody. I really appreciate it. Seeing a trail after the first two days was almost as good as drinking the water in that lake below the pass. It doesn't get...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gould Pass ~ Cross Country to Rae Lakes
August 07, 6:54pm

Gould Pass ~ Cross Country to Rae Lakes
"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea". That's what I was thinking at the end of the first day of this loop hike out of Onion Valley last weekend. Although there were some challe...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gould Pass ~ Cross Country to Rae Lakes
August 07, 12:49am

Re: SMD Skyscape X
Thanks John! Your shelter comparison spreadsheet and SMDSX review helped me decide to get one. It will be interesting to see how you modify your second one (possible cuben bathtub floor?). s2sul

In GEAR » SMD Skyscape X
July 23, 8:37pm

Skyscape X vs. Cuben Haven
Manfred, Thanks for your earlier post about the Cuben Haven & Net Tent. There are a few differences between the Skyscape X and the Cuben Haven that stand out. With the Skyscape I wa...

In GEAR » SMD Skyscape X
July 23, 8:27pm

SMD Skyscape X
I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new SMD Skyscape X and it finally got here this morning. At 14.5 ozs it weighs less than advertised, which is nice. 14.8 ozs w/ the stuff sac...

In GEAR » SMD Skyscape X
July 23, 3:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am