Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 131 - 140 of 9838 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...984

Forum » Thread

Re:
@ Michael: I am not surprised that you feel bewildered. But I really think you will get a more accurate perspective if you have had some firsthand contacts with the peoples and cultures in that...

In Chaff » Je suis Charlie , latest cover
January 16, 4:58pm

Re: Je ne suis pas Charlie
"No religion or political doctrine is above criticism, and in some cases, strongly deserve it." Not taking the Muslim side, but Hebdo wasn't so much constructive criticism as outri...

In Chaff » Je suis Charlie , latest cover
January 16, 10:58am

Re: Re: Re: Putin's Way to Ukraine
Yeah, the way I wrote may have come across as blaming Powell. My bad -- because it's really Cheney, Rumsfeld, and W, the CEO who must take ultimate responsibility.

In Chaff » Frontline - Putin's Way
January 15, 6:49pm

Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned
Just read in the news... idiot husband in China stupidly sent a hot and steamy message to his girlfriend -- using his wife's phone -- and then forgetting to sign himself out. Wife read the thi...

In Chaff » Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned
January 15, 6:34pm

Re: Re: What our gear says about us...
Ha... if folks all buy gear to actually go backpacking -- Patagonia and The North Face would have gone bankrupt long ago. As many SUV owners would admit if they were honest -- it's also the im...

In GEAR » What our gear says about us...
January 15, 6:20pm

Re: Re: Putin's Way to Ukraine
"Napolean and Hitler attacked Russia through those Eastern European countries so Russia feels threatened as they all become more allied to the West." Interestingly -- all the times I p...

January 15, 5:14pm

Re: Putin's Way to Ukraine
Jerry - I know of nothing that proves Putin innocent - but I feel I've been led several times too many by our media. Totally unrelated, but Colin Powell's Powerpoint presentation to the UN...

January 15, 5:07pm

Re: Did you know the Japanese spider crab is 12 ft. long?
Yes, I knew. Crab. Yum!

In Chaff » Did you know the Japanese spider crab is 12 ft. long?
January 15, 1:12pm

Putin's Way to Ukraine
Not a fan of Putin -- although my one month in Russia back in 2009 -- he was practically worshiped by most Russians (and still is, apparently). And my one month in the Ukraine, I witnessed many &q...

January 15, 11:45am

Put Our Walks to Good Use
Since we are hiking anyway, may as well put every step to good use. Not today, but someday...

In GEAR » Put Our Walks to Good Use
January 15, 10:34am

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am