BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 131 - 140 of 3886 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...389

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Rain Jacket suggestions - Plasmic?
while 3 layer jackets should be more durable enough example about of folks with both goretex and event delamination and failure ... as a simple search will show http://www.google.ca/#q=gore+tex+...

In GEAR » Rain Jacket suggestions - Plasmic?
February 06, 2:15pm

Re: Much ado...
quite a few BPLers have had issues with rain jackets delaminating ... its not not all that uncommon in talking with the nice MEC folks at the warranty desk, its one of the most common gear issue...

February 06, 11:16am

OR
OR has a stellar return policy as does EB and MEC Delamination after a few years of occasional use is not unknown with ANY brand The above companies have an explicitely stated no questions as...

February 05, 11:47pm

Re: Patagonia Expedition 4 knock-off
T2 is still on clearance at MEC ;)

In GEAR » Patagonia Expedition 4 knock-off
February 05, 12:05pm

Re: tennis balls
I use tennis balls on larger down pieces but not the smaller UL down ones ... The fabric on mine as you can see above is held together by seam grip, repeated bashing from balls might nit be the bes...

In GEAR » Washing a Sleeping Bag
February 04, 9:56pm

Re: lifespan
That's an interesting observation. Is the implication that lower FP down lasts longer...? Is it possible the higher FP down has a shorter lifespan? I have no idea. we know that lower FP down...

February 04, 9:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Down washes great
For synthetics, you still cannot use a standard washer, ie, anything with an agitator. As was reported it causes clumping, loss of seam strength, if not outright seam tearing, and broken baffles......

February 04, 9:05pm

last forever
down will not last forever ... should you wash it enough it will get to the point where the loft doesnt recover no matter what now sleeping bags tend to last a long time as most people dont u...

February 04, 6:16pm

Re: Re: Montane? Patagonia Nine trails?
opening the main zipper makes a huge difference IMO the problem is that you cant always do that ... it defeats the purpose of a windshirt, which of course is to reduce the chilling effects of th...

In GEAR » Windshirt Question
February 04, 12:24pm

RD
the RD windshells of my partners that ive tried and the ones ive played around with at MEC are quite breathable IMO much more so that my trail wind as the the MB ... if its the same fabric as...

In GEAR » Windshirt Question
February 04, 11:29am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm