BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 131 - 140 of 3996 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...400

Forum » Thread

marketing
folks understand a simple number and concept ... -10F, +10F, etc ... its a simple number that folks believe will keep them "warm" and folks at home "get it" as they understan...

In GEAR » Why the obsession over sleeping bag/quilt warmth but not sleeping pad warmth?
May 19, 6:44am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trolls?
wasn't really taking offence to it. I've just frequented so many forums on pretty much every topic from Linux, online games, and programming to cars and 4x4s, to working out, backpacking, ...

In GEAR » Trolls?
May 19, 6:26am

marketing
i personally feel that ALOT of these woolly $$$$ things are marketing shenanigans to make their products seem "unique" and sell more widgets leaving aside the "warm when wet"...

In GEAR » "Performance" wool. What is the draw?
May 19, 6:16am

Cicero
The famous roman orator cicero once saw a mosaic of folks who were praying to the gods on a sinking ship and because of it were saved Smart guy he was (more than a pigeon) he asked "But ...

In GEAR » Vibram settles lawsuit over FiveFingers health claims
May 11, 10:00am

Re: Re: Warranty
MEC offers their own alpine shells, and gore pro, etc ... i would have no hesitation buying from MEC with their no questions asked unlimited warranty it depends whats more important ... pacli...

In GEAR » Gore-Tex and Go-Lite Aren't Friends Anymore
May 10, 12:26am

Warranty
Im not sure how good golites warranty is But in general i would be hesitant of any proprietary fabric that didnt have a stellar warranty The additional gore guarantee alone might be worth it ...

In GEAR » Gore-Tex and Go-Lite Aren't Friends Anymore
May 09, 11:36pm

marketers
marketers make the outdoor industry world go around they always need to sell you the latest and greatest in order for the profits to keep on coming in ... whether you need it or not ... and ...

In GEAR » Vibram settles lawsuit over FiveFingers health claims
May 09, 6:13pm

el cheapo
the el cheapo chinese stoves have a brass thread .... just saying ... http://www.dx.com/p/ultra-mini-portable-outdoor-metal-gas-stove-with-a-case-2-ag3-52063#.U2t72BxTiyY ;)

In GEAR » Brass vs Aluminum Threads on Upright Canister Stoves
May 08, 6:43am

Blizzard
The blizzard weights more of course and may not be as "breathable" But it is tested to 8 togs, which is roughly a 40F rating That will keep you alive Im not convinced "breat...

In GEAR » The SOL Escape Bivvy
May 07, 7:30pm

BPL
The snarkyness of some folks over "mainstream" gear thy dont use i rearing its ugly head BPL (Will R) gave the last gen exos a "highly recommended" rating http://www.backp...

In GEAR » why are osprey packs so popular?
May 05, 9:54am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm