Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 131 - 140 of 295 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Anyone own a Eddie Bauer Peak XV
I bought one for the wife to replace her old parka that had worn out. She likes it, and it keeps her quite warm. Overall, I've been very happy with the First Ascent gear I've gotten.

In GEAR » Anyone own a Eddie Bauer Peak XV
December 23, 7:37am

Re: Winter Parka recommendation
You might also consider the Nunatak Torre parka. Also very high quality.

In GEAR » Winter Parka recommendation
December 22, 6:42am

Re: Can't read user product reviews
Issue resolved - I get the error with cookies shut off, but it runs fine if I turn them back on. Thanks for the feedback. ETA: apparently, I only had to turn cookies on the first time I click...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Can't read user product reviews
December 19, 6:47pm

Can't read user product reviews
After clicking on "Last 50 Reviews" I get a list of the individual product reviews. When I click on a review I get: "Unauthorized for that session NvPumWoE?forum_thread_id=1...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Can't read user product reviews
December 19, 1:46pm

Re: Re: price
Patiently waiting for post-Christmas sales... :-)

In GEAR » EB's Frontpoint soft / hard shell
December 18, 6:07am

Re: Re: EB's Frontpoint soft / hard shell
The Frontpoint seems to work very well in cooler/cold conditions, but wouldn't be my first choice for the summer. I like the idea of hard shell protection for areas that would wet out on a sof...

In GEAR » EB's Frontpoint soft / hard shell
December 17, 3:50pm

Re: Gear you wish was still around and it's closest match
Coleman Xpert gas canister stove, a liquid feed type stove. Can't beat it for winter use. Bought a spare stove plus several repair kits, and enough canisters to last me a while. Don't ...

In GEAR » Gear you wish was still around and it's closest match
December 02, 6:45am

Re: Which of these packs will do better with heavier gear?
I've had good luck with both the ULA Catalyst and REI Flash 65 packs. For $150, that puts you in the REI 50 pack.

In GEAR » Which of these packs will do better with heavier gear?
December 02, 6:39am

Re: VBL
"I'm on the fence with purchasing a VBL for my marmot hydrogen 30 degree sleeping bag. My hope is to push this bag to 10 - 15 degree weather while wearing mid weight thermals, inside the V...

In GEAR » Use of VBL
November 12, 6:52am

Re: vbl
"In what sort of weather do you need a vapor barrier?" Below freezing, at least. For me, preferably more like 10F - 20F. The colder and drier it is, the more valuable VBL is.

In GEAR » Use of VBL
November 12, 6:46am

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm