Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Love pushing the SUL boundary's of what is possible.

Make almost all of my gear myself.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 131 - 140 of 1544 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...155

Forum » Thread

Re: well...
I made a quilt as light as I could for someone 6' and 170#. Came out to 8.5 ounces. It was done with many shortcuts, but taking away a few of those shortcuts would also take a lot to get ba...

In Make Your Own Gear » Suggestions for First Summer Quilt
March 05, 4:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Could use a little help on a quilt I am making.
Hate to say it, but your problem started at step 17. You should have sewn both layers of fabric together inside out with all but about a foot in the middle of the footbox. Once you turn it insi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Could use a little help on a quilt I am making.
March 01, 12:10pm

Re: Re: Do any companies ship direct to Muir Trail Ranch
PM sent on that regard...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Do any companies ship direct to Muir Trail Ranch
February 23, 5:00pm

Re: Cuben bivy
I made an Impetus 1.1 bivy and have had very good luck with it. Enough that I now use it all the time. It helps with punctures, keeps everything clean and keeps out the drafts a little better w...

In GEAR » suitable use for a cuben bivy
February 23, 11:33am

Re: Re: Re: Re: 10oz pot
Deleted

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Whats your SUL Cook Set-Up Grams/Milliliter %
February 23, 9:56am

Re: Re: Re: Ugghhhh..
The bad thing is those ones that are not so good seem to have to have their hands in every cookie jar they can get their hands into, even if it doesn't have anything to do with anything of inte...

In GEAR » Skurka and Sierra Designs team up for gear
February 22, 8:55pm

Works for me...
Decided to see just how far I could cut down my system to still be useable. I'm still not 100% in love with it but taking 25% of the weight off sure does work for me. I am always in an area...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Whats your SUL Cook Set-Up Grams/Milliliter %
February 21, 10:50pm

Re: Re: Pie Pan
Ian, yeah, I am eating my words from my last post. Nice job, everyone.

February 21, 2:00pm

Re: A little heavier version..
Jon's 3 rock and a pie pan, well does he actually use it? If so, I guess the lightest pie pan wins The idea is not to just come up with what could be the lightest but what you actually use...

February 21, 12:01pm

Re: Pretty dumb metric
What's the difference in just dividing it the other way? This system you mention did not include a lighting system. If you use a mini bic, that puts you at 15.8%. Thanks for sharing. Bu...

February 20, 9:16am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm