BPL Community Profile

Ashley Brown (ashleyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ashley Brown hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Ashley Brown has not added a biography yet.
CitySydney
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ashley Brown

Showing 131 - 140 of 1159 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...116

Forum » Thread

nimbus ozone upgrades
Slightly off-topic, but it would be useful Tim if you made your thread titles more informative! That will help people to decide whether they are interested in what you are discussing, and whether t...

In GEAR » Looks the same to me...
August 10, 10:24pm

Can a bag/quilt be *too warm*?
My vote is no. If you get too warm, you unbuckle/unzip, stick your arms and or feet out, or just lie on top of the thing if it's really hot. Ha, maybe this is a girl thing because that is wh...

In Philosophy & Technique » Can a bag/quilt be *too warm*?
August 10, 8:13pm

Re: 37 Oz Packs Not Allowed
Gotta agree with Tom and Dave. 37oz is getting towards the upper end of lightweight packs, but there's no way they should be ruled out of consideration. Even if you're aiming for a su...

In Gear Lists » Beartooth Wilderness 6-day list
August 09, 9:01am

Re: Upgrading 1 of the "Big 3"
Keep in mind you could upgrade your shelter and your pack for the same price as upgrading your sleeping bag. But the sleeping bag will give you both weight and volume savings. I would probabl...

In GEAR » Upgrading 1 of the "Big 3"
August 08, 9:36pm

Re: So When You Say Quilt...
Quilts are just like what you would use at home, only lighter and with a water-repellent shell. They are usually filled with down, like a sleeping bag, but you can get synthetic filled quilts too. ...

In GEAR » Think it would be warm for 30-40F tempatures?
August 08, 2:49am

Re: Re: Pack Weight
Yep, what Tom said. The WM flash vest would be a great alternative, GG lightrek 4 poles are very light and well regarded. Spend some time researching stuff on this site and asking questions, and...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT speed record attempt
August 07, 10:22pm

Re: Re: Re: montbell rocks
Unlike the thermawrap parka, the inner parka isn't any warmer than the inner jacket... discounting the effect of the hood of course. The body of the jacket is the same. I'm one of those ...

In GEAR » Puffy Top Layer (Down Jackets)
August 07, 9:11am

JMT speed record attempt
I can't stress strongly enough how much difference carrying extra weight will slow you down in an endurance race. You burn *a lot* of extra calories lugging weight around, and the difference is...

August 07, 4:06am

Re: Answers
Yep, Montbell inner jackets are the "go-to" down jackets for the UL crowd. Just about everyone here has one...! The ex-light version saves a little weight but you lose some useful features.

In GEAR » Puffy Top Layer (Down Jackets)
August 07, 1:48am

JMT speed record attempt
Dunno what's in your pack but 27 pounds when you are trying to break a speed record in three days sounds absolutely nuts (no offense!). That's using up a huge amount of energy right there. ...

August 06, 2:12am

All Reader Reviews by Ashley Brown

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Potable Aqua Iodine Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets
I am always amazed when people say that idodine treated water tastes horrible. Sure it does -- if you don't do it right. The key step is to neutralise the iodine with vitamin C... but don't...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 03, 11:02pm