Sept - AT Rt40 - Raven Rock overnighter - 28 miles

2013 trips:

Aug - Dolly Sods - weekender with friend - 12 miles
Dec - AT - overnighter from Rt 30 to Birch Run - 17 miles
CityPhiladelphia
StatePA
My Website URLhttp://asciibaron.hopto.org
My PDF Gear ListShoulder Season Tent and Tarp

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Hanlon

Showing 131 - 140 of 425 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Novara Express
"Good bike forum is kind of an oxymoron. If ever there was a group of elitist, look down their nose at beginners group of people, it's cyclists." roadbikereview.com is an excellent...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Novara Express
March 20, 11:10am

Re: mead!
"To be fair, you don't have to use 5 pounds to make a mead if you wanted to make a smaller batch... I tend to make 1 gallon batches vs 5 gallons" what is he going to do with all th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Honey
March 20, 10:41am

house of worship
for me, a church is a house of worship - i do not go into the woods to worship per se, but i would consider my trips into the wood to be spiritual journeys. i have to rely on myself, be able to li...

In Philosophy & Technique » nature=church?
March 20, 10:38am

Re: Dolly Sods
the big issue is if FR 75 gate will be open. i will assume it will not and i'll come up with a proposed circuit for two days of 12 milers and one day of 4 miles that will pretty much showcase ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Long weekend in Dolly Sods
March 20, 8:56am

Shutterbug
i used to be a shutterbug - i would take hundreds of photos. now, i don't take any. i was out this past weekend and took a few photos with my iPhone, and only one of them was not done to docu...

In Photography » Shutterbug
March 20, 8:01am

change of religious beliefs
i have always wondered how many people grew up with one belief system and then changed in adulthood. say you grew up Catholic but then became a Muslim. or you grew up Muslim and then became a Bud...

In Chaff » Changing Personal Beliefs (response to Casey)
March 20, 7:49am

um...
TyTy, the analogy would be more like: you stated there is only one shelter worth using and then someone stated that there are many shelter options and that your exclusion of those other options...

In Chaff » Changing Personal Beliefs (response to Casey)
March 20, 7:40am

Park Service informed
i spoke with a Maryland Park Service Ranger yesterday about the shelter happenings and the damage to the cars along the road. she was very concerned about both events and felt there might have bee...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Karma
March 20, 5:53am

Dolly Sods
what kind of mileage are you looking to do each day? that will really determine your routing. also, when do you plan on going, if it's before Fire Road 75 is opened sometime in April, that to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Long weekend in Dolly Sods
March 20, 5:46am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:
"You ask for proof and I ask the question back to you. Prove that God doesn't exist." the children's cancer ward at your local hospital. why must children suffer? if it's...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 19, 1:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Hanlon

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Marmot Precip Jacket Mens
i picked up my Marmot Precip in 2005 from REI for $42.83 - i figured i couldn't go wrong at that price. if it didn't work well for backpacking, i could wear it as a casual jacket. it has b...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 11, 8:13am

McHale 0-Sarc UL
I have the SARC Chasm version and would recommend this pack to anyone who has suffered with ill fitting mass produced packs. It's a tad on the heavy side, but for me, that's not a problem sin...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 27, 5:34pm