Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 131 - 140 of 926 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...93

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Cuben Speedmid vs Other Cuben shelters
Having owned both the silnylon and cuben Trailstar, I don't think one is more difficult to pitch than the other. The optimal pole height and guyline length is slightly different, but once you h...

In GEAR » Cuben Speedmid vs Other Cuben shelters
October 21, 5:04pm

Re: One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th
OK. I just called the ranger station. We are allowed to stay in any campgrounds that do not have a closed gate as long as we pack out all of our trash. There is also camping available at the trailh...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th
October 21, 10:38am

Re: Love to join
Scott, hope you guys can make it. Border collies are welcome as far as I'm concerned. I'm probably driving up Friday night with a bunch of people, but as mentioned above we haven't figu...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th
October 20, 9:50pm

Re: One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th
Hi everyone, I just got back from an awesome 5-day trip in Yosemite. Sorry for the slow response to everyone's PMs. I drove back via Highway 108 and it's gorgeous up there right now. The...

October 20, 9:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th"
Rebecca, I replied via PM...

October 15, 3:14pm

Re: Re: "One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th"
Rebecca, not a problem, though you two will probably have to arrange your own transportation if you are going to be deciding at the last minute. I doubt we'll hit the 15 person group size limit...

October 15, 12:05pm

Re: Re: Re: One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th
Hey Jacob, a ride should be no problem. I usually pick Chris up at the Dublin BART. That work for you?

October 14, 6:15pm

Re: Cherry Creek
Hey Rebecca, A few of us are doing an off trail trip in Emigrant in two weekends... I posted a trip announcement here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_disp...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Cherry Creek Canyon, and off-trail explorations in general within reach of the SF Bay Area
October 14, 10:15am

Re: Re: One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th
Hope you can join us Dylan!

October 13, 7:34pm

Re: How to get water into collapsible bags?
Use your pot. No extra item required.

In GEAR » How to get water into collapsible bags?
October 13, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm