Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Don Amundson (amrowinc) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me I had been away from backpacking for many years. When I started researching equipment it was like coming too after a coma. I was amazed to discover "lightweight." I did the JMT in 2009 and have been regularly on the trail since.
CityPasadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.trailjournals.com/don

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Amundson

Showing 131 - 140 of 253 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...26

Forum » Thread

Odd Question
I dehydrate a lot of my food and also use some off the shelf stuff that will rehydrate well in a bag. You can dehydrate just about anything. Cook up some spaghetti in a meat sauce, chili, ground h...

In GEAR » Odd Question
November 11, 9:27pm

Bear Canister
If you can do 12 days with 8lbs of food your not likely to have a problem with volume. I can get 9 days of food at 1.5 to 1.75 lbs. per day in a Bearikade weekender. I could never do it packing fo...

In GEAR » How much bear canister do I need/do you use?
November 11, 1:39pm

Speedlock trek poles
Dean-What is it your most interested in? If its poles for travel then speedlocks or any collapsible poles aren't the only solution and for sure aren't the most compact. To me the locking m...

In GEAR » Speedlock trek poles
November 01, 9:13pm

Hiking Poles
I've been using the Black Diamond distance poles for a long time now. They come in three lengths, fold up to a compact 14 inch length and weigh in at 12 oz. I bought them specifically for plan...

In GEAR » Speedlock trek poles
November 01, 10:24am

Cozy: How much insulation is enough
I've found cheap car windshield reflectors is the best material. By cheap I mean the ones with foil on one side only, laminated to thin white foam. I got one at the 99 cent store for, what els...

In GEAR » Cozy: How much insulation is enough?
October 22, 10:15pm

Let's Talk Recycled Water Bottles
I don't mean to jump on the question to Scott but I have my scale and the bottle he is referring to in front of me. They have been my favorite bottles for the last year. The bottle holds 24oz ...

In GEAR » Let's Talk Recycled Water Bottles
October 20, 12:36pm

Graham Flexair Inflatable Pillows
On ebay both large and small sizes. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FlexAir-Inflatable-Pillow-Ultralight-Backpacking-Travel-Medical-New-Large-Size-/271078532312?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1d8a...

In Gear Deals » Graham Flexair Inflatable Pillows
October 18, 10:05pm

BPL members met
Hey Rowan--unless it's just an extreme coincidence you met a BPL member in 2010 on a trip to Willet Hot Springs in the Los Padres NF. Me. We were hiking with Ray Estrella amongst others though ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many BPL members have you met?
October 13, 9:10pm

Gabrielino Trail
Thanks for your trip report John. The last time I went over Newcomb was when I did the Gabrieleno Trail in 2009 before the Station Fire. From JPL the trail is open to the Paul Little Picnic area a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Gabrielino Trail -- Doable?
October 13, 2:40pm

Lanyard Kit
My trail name isn't "Still Lookin'" without reason. I carry my lanyard in my pocket and connected to my pants/running shorts. It's not so much about a safety thing as it is a...

In GEAR » How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
September 30, 8:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Amundson

Don Amundson has posted no reviews.