BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 131 - 140 of 921 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...93

Forum » Thread

Smokies
I would leave at home deer, sunscreen, and compass. You can't really get lost there. I might see you there. We are going the opposite direction over 3 nights starting the 13th. I'll be car...

In Gear Lists » Smokies in September list
August 31, 5:23pm

Ideas
I will typically just carry a head net if I expect bugs. They can't bite thru your sleeping bag unless you are using it as a quilt because of the heat.

In Gear Lists » 3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
August 30, 1:45pm

Feedback Sought: General Gear Lists for Two/Three-Day Trips
By improve, I assume you mean lighter. Here are my thoughts: 1.Both your gloves seem heavy for summer/autumn. liners should usually do. 2.Both of you can go a lot lighter on rain jackets. There...

In Gear Lists » Feedback Sought: General Gear Lists for Two/Three-Day Trips
August 30, 12:17pm

Feedback Sought: General Gear Lists for Two/Three-Day Trips
By improve, I assume you mean lighter. Here are my thoughts: 1.Both your gloves seem heavy for summer/autumn. liners should usually do. 2.Both of you can go a lot lighter on rain jackets. Th...

In GEAR » Feedback Sought: General Gear Lists for Two/Three-Day Trips
August 30, 12:14pm

6 days backpacking in Glacier NP
Not lame at all, Donna. As an Eastern hiker, I am often in awe when I get out west too. I'd love to see your photos.

In Post-Trip Reports » 6 days backpacking in Glacier NP
August 30, 8:48am

Conversion from Military Heavweight Backpacker to an Ultralight Enthusiat
Unless you don't have regular water sources, I would take less water carrying capacity. Even if carrying a large amount of water, I would look at platypus or evernew bags as a lighter option. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Conversion from Military Heavweight Backpacker to an Ultralight Enthusiat
August 30, 8:36am

3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
Erik: My thoughts: FAK-you can reduce it down to 2 ounces; what's in there? bic-no reaon they shouldn't both be minis Leave the bug shelter home whenever you can; it weighs as much ...

In Gear Lists » 3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
August 28, 1:28pm

Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
My comments for dropping weight: plastic trowel-throw this away;dig with a rock; you don't need this snowpeak TI cookset-take only a pot or bowl. Or just put meals in freezerbags and eat ou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
August 27, 1:39pm

" I'd need to buy a new pack and sleeping pad to shed any more weight and I'm not doing that with two days left till I fly out." I really doubt it. Your big 3 base items are n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
August 27, 11:52am

You should weigh your other stuff as well. You'll be surprised how much some of the stuff weighs that you think weighs almost nothing. Once you weigh it, you'll also want to reduce amount...

August 27, 10:22am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.