Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 131 - 140 of 1054 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...106

Forum » Thread

TS
I think you'll find its plenty weatherproof in virtually all conditions with a small door open. Just slide to the back if it blows.

In GEAR » TrailStar question
April 26, 12:46pm

Easy Going Smokies with Kids?
All the sites in the Smokies have to be reserved. I would avoid Gatlinburg traffic if at all possible. It will be REALLY bad that weekend. Its bad almost every weekend. Cades Cove is popula...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Easy Going Smokies with Kids?
April 25, 1:50pm

FS: ZPacks wpb cuben fiber rain jacket
Richard Nisley did a test on the fabric that indicates it is not nearly as breathable as Even but probably better than a PU coating.

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks wpb cuben fiber rain jacket
April 25, 8:41am

Zlite Comfort?
If I could sleep well on a foam mat alone, I would definitely go that route. No hassle of blowing up, deflating, or worrying about punctures. And foam is nice for lounging around camp. But I fee...

In GEAR » Zlite Comfort?
April 24, 3:26pm

Sleeping Pad: Regular vs. Long (Rookie Question)
Its a very personal preference. One advantage I see to the XL pad is use on wet ground. I mostly use a trailstar tarp. If setting up on wet ground, the larger raised area is nice to keep you and...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping Pad: Regular vs. Long (Rookie Question)
April 24, 2:30pm

sea to summit nano net in a trailstar?
Sounds horrible. Is the peak of the nano at the peak of the TS?

In GEAR » sea to summit nano net in a trailstar?
April 22, 7:16pm

Jennifer, I am really looking for something very minimal to protect me on the rare night when mosquitoes are a problem. I was hoping I wouldn't even have to stake or tie it out. Is there any ...

April 22, 10:57am

I was just about to try the same in my trailstar. Let me know how it works.

April 22, 9:34am

Smokies
Coming from Va, I would use the trailhead at Big Creek. Its your closest access, just off I-40, and maybe best access. Chestnut Branch cuts over to the AT. Make sure to stop on the side trail to...

In Pre-Trip Planning » The Great Smoky Mountains: Need some route ideas
April 22, 7:55am

Y'all listen up, now
Ah, I forgot my favorite: "You can't fix that with duct tape."

In Philosophy & Technique » Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
April 18, 3:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.