BPL Community Profile

Alan Bradley (ahbradley) - BPL Guest

My Locale Alan Bradley hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Alan Bradley has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Alan Bradley

Showing 131 - 140 of 278 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...28

Forum » Thread

RE: Re Re: Re: Re: Re: BlowTorch as stove for tall pots and cone?
HJ No need for life assurance, I refuse to do anything dangerous (with gas) :) NB the stove is still vapour ware, just an idea. However, another reason the idea appeals to me is that the...

In GEAR » Male bayonet Butane canisters: why so much cheaper
September 29, 3:30pm

RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: BlowTorch as stove for tall pots and cone?
" HJ said >> Say you had something like this : Roger said >Beware the Law of Unintended Consequences. There is a good chance it would become a self-immolating fireball. As a blow...

September 29, 3:10pm

Re: Re: BlowTorch as stove for tall pots and cone?
HJ said: "why not just use a conventional stove?" 1) Allows efficient (like caldera cone) total enclosure in a windshield (hopefully close to that of a Jetboil), without need for a remo...

September 28, 2:19pm

BlowTorch as stove for tall pots and cone?
Now that the thread has started discussing the availability of tall narrow gas cans (for butane blow torches), why not a lateral idea: for the usual tall narrow mug pots favoured by lightweight...

September 28, 10:44am

Now, probably easier and just as cheap to modify a cheap remote stove
Now that low cost remote stoves are available at, for example, 235g (GoSystems TriSpi), it is probably just as cheap to modifiy these, especially with the copper wire idea. Did the copper wire g...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
September 28, 7:12am

Can side valve: I understand why is required.
"> is still lit (in an emergency only) as the cannister seal will activate. > .... so in emergency remove canister and run; should be safe enough? NO! NO NO NO!" Thanks, I'...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
September 27, 5:57am

In emergency: is disconnecting remote cannister acceptable cf using cannister side on/off valve
Just `Bump" ing

September 26, 3:30pm

lightweight remote stoves
"There are some very light remote canister stoves made by members here" How difficult is that for non-metal workers? 105g is impressive, less than my can top stove It would be ni...

September 26, 3:05pm

RE Re: CV as open standard
Sorry, by CV valve I meant the CV connector. They may well be able to prevent other manufacturers from making gas cannisters using their CV connector (none make any as far as I know). ...

In GEAR » Cartridge to suit threaded and CampingGaz CV stoves?
September 26, 12:57pm

But the tripod/cone would add the stability back
< Alan - there are good reasons why stoves are no longer mounted on top of tall canisters - stabilityand weight> I thought a nice wide based supporting tripod / cone should add the stabil...

September 26, 12:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Alan Bradley

Alan Bradley has posted no reviews.