Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 131 - 140 of 1889 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...189

Forum » Thread

re: Recommended Brands & Models
Tony, I started out with an entry level FoodSaver model V 2244. It worked fine for several years, until it didn't. FoodSaver had a good sale when I needed a replacement, so I decided on a GameS...

In GEAR » vacuum bag sealer
March 29, 9:26am

re: Another happy customer
Thanks for your kind words, Bob. It looks like we hit a bulls-eye with those dimensions after all. It was fun working with you on this.

In Gear Swap » Zia titanium pot supports for sale
March 26, 10:08am

Not debatable, Jimmer?
"Seriously,I love rain coats at home ,but on a backpacking trip where weight vs utility matters, the windshirt/poncho beats it. Throw in the UL umbrella for added sun/rain protection, and it&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Andrew Skurka - Core Clothing
March 25, 2:44pm

@ Stephen
I know, mate, I just had to tease you a wee bit. It's been awhile, you know. Why don't you get your company to transfer you to Boulder, so that you can occasionally smell the feed lots of G...

In GEAR » Golite Ressurection. Jinkies, Shaggy.
March 24, 5:36pm

re: Re: How does one change a Gear Swap heading?
The Wizard of Oz strikes again, Susan!

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » How does one change a Gear Swap heading?
March 24, 3:36pm

re: More Durable Bread Bags - Costco (Where Else?)
The bags in Whole Foods meat department are thick and fairly durable, and lighter than bread bags. Last weekend I tested a Rudi's bread bag, and it was indeed waterproof and pretty tough. 7 gra...

In GEAR » Strategy for dealing with cold, freezing rain: WPB socks and midlayer question
March 24, 3:00pm

Re: Golite Ressurection. Jinkies, Shaggy.
OK, Stephen, now you're skating on thin ice. Roger, I am 25% Danish blood, and I live in the Peoples' Republic of Boulder. I say you and I get our people organized and do an intensive aeria...

In GEAR » Golite Ressurection. Jinkies, Shaggy.
March 24, 2:50pm

Scuncis
Silicone hair ties, Mitchell, not the fabric kind. Silicone Scuncis rule the world of hair ties and rubber bands.

In Philosophy & Technique » Super-Awesome TIP OF THE DAY!!! (warning, thread may be too awesome for some viewers)
March 22, 1:28pm

Re: Very slight fin curve...
On mine, the fin curve is only 1" at the point, and for some reason also at the head. The rest of the shaft is straight like the original ones.

In GEAR » 'New' MSR Groundhog pegs
March 21, 8:28am

Re: Gearbest
My stove arrived at the post office on March 18 (I chose tracking, which required a signature). So it took 20 days to get here after I ordered it. Funny, but it was mailed from the Netherlands. Hmm...

In Editor's Roundtable » BRS-3000T stove Spotlite Review
March 20, 3:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm