BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 131 - 140 of 1534 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...154

Forum » Thread

re: BPL/BMW Cocoon Pullover
These suckers rock, even without a hood. The chest pocket is great for keeping your Bic warm, and the pullover makes a great mid layer under your parka for this time of the year. These never show u...

In Gear Swap » FS BPL/BMW Cocoon Pullover XL
January 23, 5:21pm

Looks great
I think you did a nice job. I've always wondered why nobody makes a balaclava that can open up to act as a simple hood. You did it! I want one too.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Down Hood
January 23, 5:04pm

Bunny TP
I've never understood that joke, David. Wouldn't you want the poo to stick to the rabbit fur? Otherwise it would be kinda like wiping with teflon.

In GEAR » Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
January 23, 6:29am

water absorption rate
Keep in mind that the average body can only absorb about 1.0 liter per hour from the stomach. The rest just sits there, doing whatever unabsorbed water does. I would rather carry my extra water in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 22, 9:12pm

re: See what it looks like when a grizzly bear gets an MRI
I misread the thread title, and I was excited to see a griz tear into an MRE! Still, it's interesting to see that a griz barely fits into the MRI machine. I wonder if that bear will live very l...

In On the Web » See what it looks like when a grizzly bear gets an MRI
January 22, 10:04am

Re: Has anyone sewn Reflectix?
The Simple Outdoor Solutions Escape Pods are sewn, and that seems to hold up nicely. Thread is lighter than duct tape, and sewing your velcro is the way to go to keep it in place.

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anyone sewn Reflectix?
January 21, 11:41am

Re: How do I get moisture out of my Prolite?
Just one thing, Jeremy, if you choose to air dry in the direct sun--why not slip it into a black heavy duty leaf bag to (1) attract more solar heat to dry things out, and (2) keep the UV rays off y...

In GEAR » How do I get moisture out of my Prolite?
January 20, 10:32pm

re: Combining categories
I originally thought about writing that post this way: "I think I'm probably a F'ing Crazy Lightweight sort of guy, like that damn Idster." But I thought that just might set...

In GEAR » What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
January 20, 3:48pm

Combining categories
I think I'm probably a F'ing Crazy Lightweight sort of guy.

In GEAR » What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
January 20, 1:08pm

re: Source for serrated version
http://restaurant-supplies.etundra.com/search#w=victorinox%20serrated%20paring%20knife

In GEAR » One ounce knife and sheath
January 20, 9:15am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm