BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 131 - 140 of 1657 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...166

Forum » Thread

The Exped down mat UL7 feather volcano
No need for a video of the event, Jen, as you've painted a pretty clear picture of what happened. Though I'm sorry about the mat, and your gimpy ankle, I still smile when I think of the dow...

In GEAR » The down in an Exped down mat UL7
April 19, 9:14am

re: Y'all listen up, now.
That's too funny, Ben!

In Philosophy & Technique » Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
April 18, 2:07pm

re: 100 other similar "southernisms".
Ryan, it won't really help Alister much, but why don't you list a few for us? In the interest of cultural diffusion, you understand. Y'all's truly, "Billy Bob" Dunck...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
April 18, 12:05pm

re: ...but "y'all" is singular. And plural.
We need a true southern good ol' boy to help us with this. My understanding is that "y'all" is seldom used as singular, but almost always is plural. 2-4 people--Y'all; a room ...

April 18, 8:27am

re: smelly exped
Rick, why don't you deflate it, take it to the manual car wash, and try to clean it that way first? The water pressure shouldn't hurt it. Then you could try the baking soda trick, and maybe...

In GEAR » exped ul stench
April 17, 12:22pm

Another PM sent
Heck, I'll stand in line for 2d dibs behind Emmanuel. Always wanted to try out a gray Trailstar. I sent you a PM.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD TrailStar
April 17, 11:05am

re: Dreaming with your tax return...
Pamper your pup at the doggie spa?

In GEAR » Dreaming with my tax return...
April 16, 9:42am

Replacement stuff sacks
Granite Gear sells drawcord stuff sacks in various dimensions. For example: http://www.granitegearstore.com/Toughsacks-P73C51.aspx A bit pricy, but pretty bomb-proof.

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » replacement stuff sacks for tents
April 15, 10:43am

re: Any "can't miss" hikes that I am missing?
John, you might consider the following for your last 2 days in GNP: Leave your car at the Swiftcurrent Lodge parking lot and take the Park shuttle (with your 2-day packs) to Rising Sun to spend the...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Glacier National Park Backpacking
April 14, 8:39am

Weight reduction
The amount of weight reduction depends upon how much water is in the item to begin with. For example, when I recently did a batch of Ortega canned diced green chilis, I think I got about 6:1 reduct...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrating vegetables
April 13, 4:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm