Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Warren Greer (WarrenGreer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Warren Greer has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Warren Greer

Showing 131 - 140 of 656 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...66

Forum » Thread

Very nice tent
I would have bought one of these last year if it had been available. At or just before that time I really didn't want to use my hiking poles for tent poles but have since gotten over that and i...

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire 2 first use report
June 05, 9:39pm

Long time no see
Hey Bryce, Welcome back. Seems as if a new Murmur, Zpacks, or Zimmerbuilt creation would be good choices. Good thing about the last two is you can get a custom built pack. You should check out C...

In GEAR » Been out of the game, need to replace my GG Murmur w/ something similar
June 03, 12:53am

Nice article
I really liked the Montane Atomic DTs and would appreciate them even more if they came in at a similar weight to the Montbell VersaLite.

In Editor's Roundtable » Rain Pants State of the Market Report
May 30, 9:33pm

Thanks all
Looking at the GoLite website, the current regular is 23 oz. and the current long is 26 oz. And they are on sale for $150. Seems I've read in the past that the temp rating is a bit optimisti...

In GEAR » Skurka's Mtn West Quilt
May 29, 8:59pm

Anybody?
I'm wondering if the 5" of loft is actually 2.5" of single-sided loft times two. Anyway, it is supposed to be quite warm. Would be interesting to hear more about it.

May 28, 11:30pm

It is
Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 100. My brother says he has to wipe it off at the end of the day. When I used it I had to wash twice with soap to get it off. -Sure didn't look like I got...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sunscreen/sunblock questions
May 28, 8:04pm

Skurka's Mtn West Quilt
He mentions it a few times in his book. On Page 200 for example. He says it is an 800-fill power with 5" of loft. Elsewhere in the book he mentions that it is 25 oz. Anyone know what he is ref...

May 27, 11:14pm

I'm in to
follow this thread. I usually wear covering over all of my skin. But you can't really cover the face. So, sunscreen is great for that purpose. My brother uses Neutrogena and swears by it. I use...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sunscreen/sunblock questions
May 27, 11:00pm

Nice article
I know this article addresses bike packing. But I recently did research on packs of this size and capability for a typical day hike. I made up my mind and I bought one of the packs in this survey a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Light and Fast Packs for Bikepacking
May 27, 9:52pm

Howabout
a camera tha can withstand being dropped? I use a Canon SD1100 IS but I think that my next camera with have waterproof/shockproof (or resistance) as a consideration. Expecially for hiking. Just a t...

In GEAR » Looking for a New Little Camera
May 25, 7:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Warren Greer

Warren Greer has posted no reviews.