BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 131 - 140 of 881 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...89

Forum » Thread

Re: My Hitchhiking Chattanooga to Nashville
Living in and around that neck of the woods all of my life, it does not surprise me a bit that you found so many people willing to help you. Looks like quite the adventure. Ryan

In Photo Gallery » My Hitchhiking Chattanooga to Nashville
January 03, 11:12am

Re: Re: The big bang theory, a big let down? Major branch of science becoming dogmatic? An interesting article
"scientists are humans too and humans by nature tend to be subjective, with beliefs not based entirely on pure logic/reason, but on various factors, some very subtle and unconscious and some m...

In Chaff » The big bang theory, a big let down? Major branch of science becoming dogmatic? An interesting article
January 02, 11:14am

Re: Aww, I'm late.
Ha. Hang in there Dilthey. I think Derek is gonna keep this train rolling. Ryan

In GEAR » Earth Runner Sandals vs Exodus Sandals
January 02, 10:44am

Re: Re: It's finally here
My mother lost her job 2 yrs ago when the local hospital shut down. So of course she lost her insurance as well. Guess what, no one wants to hire a 61 yr old with only a high school education espec...

In Chaff » Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
January 01, 1:16pm

Re: question about down quilts and baffles/sewn through
It may help some although probably not very much IMO. At 10oz of down, I think you would be fine at 30 deg as is with a sewn through design. My sewn through at the link has been golden at 40 deg wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » question about down quilts and baffles/sewn through
January 01, 12:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Timex Indiglo
Oh yeah, forgot about this ol' clunker. Has served me well on the trail and in towns. Yeah, maybe not. But if someone wants to send me this watch, let me know and I will PM my address. ...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 29, 12:03pm

Thanks
Thanks for the replies everyone! I had not even thought about the Imogene 3 from GoLite. I will take a look at it and the other suggestions as well. Ryan

In GEAR » 3p tents? My Google-foo is failing me
December 28, 12:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need advice on a rain jacket that will fit my needs for an AT thru hike.
I didn't know Luke's was sewing Goretex jackets now. Cool. Nice to be able to customize. Once you add adjustable cuffs, taped seams, pockets, etc. the weight will add up to over 10oz and +$...

In GEAR » Need advice on a rain jacket that will fit my needs for an AT thru hike.
December 26, 12:00pm

3p tents? My Google-foo is failing me
Hello everyone! I'm in the market for a lightweight, 3p tent for myself and the wife to share. The trips that we take are very low key. No huge mileage, we try to avoid bad weather, etc. Why...

In GEAR » 3p tents? My Google-foo is failing me
December 26, 8:34am

Re: rain
+1 to Will's post. Anything with a PU layer like the Marmot's, Pertex Shield, etc has a great chance of delaminating. I've seen a few of them that people left in the shelters along the...

In GEAR » Need advice on a rain jacket that will fit my needs for an AT thru hike.
December 26, 8:08am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm