Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 131 - 140 of 1429 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...143

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: car camping
Coleman is the king of car camping tents and has several models. Personally I like the tents with two separate rooms. One for sleeping and one for gear, shoes, jackets,etc. You will appreciate that...

In GEAR » Would you buy this tent?
April 02, 10:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bigotry hiding behind religion?
"Interesting that Jesus was silent on the topic. " True, he didn't specifically say homosexuality was a sin, but I don't know if he was necessarily silent. He did say that marr...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
April 01, 6:10am

Re: Re: Re: My Survivorman Contest entry
Voted for you Larry. Good luck! Ryan

In Chaff » My Survivorman Contest Entry
March 31, 4:40pm

Re: Bigotry hiding behind religion?
"So according to scripture/doctrine, is being Gay any more or less of a sin than being an adulterer? Or liar? Or fornicator? Or coveter? Or taking the Lord's name in vain? It's my unde...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 31, 4:26pm

Re: Ryan..
"No argument from me recommending packs other than either of the Arcs.. My problem is with a few of the ones being mentioned to the OP .Carrying a 2.5 to 3 pound pack is quite a weight pena...

In GEAR » Good lightweight pack for about 30lb?
March 27, 5:17pm

Re: The OP's origional question
Considering that there are pretty much no usage reports of the Arc Haul and that many people have problems with the Arc Blast at 20-25lbs pounds, I don't think it's wrong to recommend prove...

March 27, 3:30pm

Re: Circuit
I think the Circuit is a good mix of features, price, and weight. Carries 30lbs with no problem. I really hope the Zpacks Haul proves its 40lbs claim, but I'm skeptical. If so, it will be a re...

March 27, 12:22pm

Re: Food for the AT
That's a pretty true statement. Easy access to food in towns and some hostels, plus hitch hiking at the several road crossings is very doable. Check out one of the AT guide books and create a ...

In GEAR » Food for the AT
March 27, 10:52am

Re: Re: Re: Some new Tent ideas I have up on Kickstarter
Hi Mike, I really like the designs and don't think the prices are too far out of whack for backpacking tents when all factors are considered. Car camping sure, but these are a pretty differe...

In Gear Deals » Some new Tent ideas I have up on Kickstarter
March 27, 10:46am

Re: Are windshirts a viable option on the future?
Luke's UL is an option also. He does wind shirts from Argon 90/67 which has tested to be quite breathable. In the 45/65cfm range if I remember correctly. They should run in the 2-3oz range. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Andrew Skurka - Core Clothing
March 26, 10:32am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm