Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 131 - 140 of 1139 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...114

Forum » Thread

Re: edges
Lou, I folded the edges over twice and then ran a stitch around the entire length. So, the tie outs are stitched through three layers of cuben and three layers of sailcloth. Even though cuben wo...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben 9x7 Tarp
August 07, 4:58pm

Yep
You pretty much nailed the pros/cons. If you can afford a cuben tarp, that's the route I would go. Cost is the only real advantage for silnylon IMO. If built properly both fabrics are strong en...

In GEAR » Tarp Materials - Cuben & Silnylon
August 06, 7:41pm

Re: Bright Colors vs Drab Colors
I think if we could comprehend how well a bear smells, or even a dog, we would realize the color of the food bag will not make a difference. Best food bag - I like just a plain old cuben one wi...

In GEAR » Best Food Storage Bag
August 06, 5:26pm

Re: Quick question on quilt making
Jimmy, On my quilts, I simply run the baffles all the way to the edge, then fold the part that would be in the hem like an accordion, then sew. That part of the quilt will be under you anyway so...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quick question on quilt making
August 06, 11:12am

Re: Looks Great!
Hi JP, The member I made this tarp for requested the catenary ridge line, so that's what I used. With that said, catenary curves will make for a more taught pitch compared to a standard ridg...

August 05, 7:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re:
"Take a look at Joel Osteen's mansion for example; hardly an example of a Christian abandoning all of their riches to serve the poor. " Ahhh yes. The prosperity doctrine. Osteen is...

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
August 04, 10:31am

Re: myog mountaineering cuben tunnel tent?
Sounds like a cool project. I would probably try heavily reinforcing the area where the cuben fly meets the pole sleeve and then sew like normal. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » myog mountaineering cuben tunnel tent?
August 03, 8:22pm

Re: min order
Adam, CubicTech's minimum order quantity is 9m. Ryan

August 02, 9:05pm

Re: Total Material Costs?
Paul- Six yards of CT1k.08 and the various other items - $175 would be my guess. Dean- I used 3M 9482pc 1" wide tape for the ridge line. The primer is Primer 94 also by 3M. I've never ...

August 02, 3:19pm

MYOG Cuben 9x7 Tarp
Hi everyone, I put this tarp together for another forum member and figured I would post it here just for kicks. Also, wanted to show folks who are considering cuben just how easy it is to work w...

August 02, 12:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm