BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 131 - 140 of 1042 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...105

Forum » Thread

Re: I'm afraid
Lol. I love jabs that span other threads. Well played Michael. I am going to pray for all of you on my lunch break today. Ryan

In Chaff » Hobby Lobby has good selection of 550 cord
May 21, 10:15am

Re: Re: The first sleeping bag hammock???
Sleeping under PU coated polyester should be super exciting. And muggy. Ryan

In GEAR » The first sleeping bag hammock???
May 20, 5:34am

Re: 1/4" 3M 9460 tape
Hi Steve, I would take a roll. Let me know the details. thx Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » 1/4" 3M 9460 tape
May 19, 5:25pm

Re: Cuben Tarps - HMG vs MLD?
Mark, I would go with the larger tarp so you have more room to store your family's gear plus have a larger margin of error for poor weather. 8.5'x8.5' would be cramped for more tha...

In GEAR » Cuben Tarps - HMG vs MLD?
May 19, 3:34pm

Re: Re: Have you ever saved someone's life?
+1 to Dale and some others. I always planned to stabilize the victim as much as I could and then prepare to hike out. Fortunately, here in the SE you aren't more than a days hike from cell serv...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have you ever saved someone's life?
May 16, 12:05pm

Re: Sewing Machine Recommendations
Thrift stores, yard sales and Craigslist are good places to pick up inexpensive ones to start with. I have a Janome Magnolia 7330. It has done well so far. Juki or Bernina are widely thought to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Machine Recommendations
May 16, 11:45am

Re: Initial reactions to the Fusion
Thanks for the initial reviews Nathan and Derek. I was recently in the market for pack that can carry loads up to 30-35lbs, and was considering the Circuit, Windrider, and Fusion packs. Ended up go...

In GEAR » SMD fusion 65
May 13, 4:25pm

Re: sock
Single pair of polyester socks with trail runners have always done the trick for me also. Check out Feeture socks. Awesome stuff. Ryan

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Liner Socks?
May 11, 2:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Copper Spur useable length?
Side sleeper. Go back and forth between fetal and extended fully. Maybe it doesn't bother me because I'm in the fetal position part of the time. I will agree there isn't a ton of length...

In GEAR » Tent for North Carolina
May 09, 1:37pm

Re: Copper Spur useable length?
Just fyi - I am 6'5" with a 13 shoe and find the Copper Spur series is long enough. It all depends on the angle of the ends. YMMV of course. The Lightheart is a good design. Plus, I am ...

In GEAR » Tent for North Carolina
May 09, 12:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm