BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 131 - 140 of 1478 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...148

Forum » Thread

Re: Zpacks 60L Blast with BV200
+1 on what Arn said. My recollection is that I probably had 3/4 to 1/2 a day's worth of food left over at the end of my trip...just a question of if you get to Whitney Portal on the same day...

In GEAR » Backpack for BearVault 200 - JMT
December 24, 4:51pm

Re: Backpack for BearVault 200 - JMT
Tom, Long time no yack....good to hear from you. Regarding the Bear Vault 500 with 700 CU IN on the JMT out of MTR. I was not able to get 7 days of food in mine....maybe 6.5. Basically,...

In GEAR » Backpack for BearVault 200 - JMT
December 24, 12:45am

Jon from Flatcatgear will be attending the G.G.G. & Demonstrating!!!
Jon, Looking to seeing your gear and demos. Thanks for taking the time and effort to come out to the G.G.G. Hope that you will be able to mix pleasure and business while you are out there....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
December 23, 8:14pm

Re: Late July JMT
+1 on bug protection Get a head net, it will save your sanity in camp if the bugs are out. When I did the JMT in Aug 2011 the snow conditions were more like July and the bugs were out with th...

In Gear Lists » Late July JMT
December 18, 5:37pm

Lighter Pack, Doesn't Always Mean More Miles
Tipi, Good to point out that going UL is not always about putting in more miles per day. Perhaps it is simply better to say that going lighter gives you the OPTION of hiking more miles per da...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL positive feedback system
December 18, 5:17pm

Re: MLD Pack Sale
Bob, You got me....you are correct. I meant to say that we were on the PCT....not JMT. Thanks for the correction....and you realize that you really do have a lot of free time......... Tony

In Gear Deals » MLD PACK SALE
December 18, 2:58pm

MLD Pack Sale
John, Thanks for passing the information along from Ron on the FS. My friend, Jeremy, and I did a 130 mile section of the JMT from Lake Tahoe to Yosemite this summer and Jeremy had the Exodus...

December 17, 11:41pm

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. Events/Activities
Ken, Challenge for 2015 burn off. Do something twisted like provide the fire starting materials to the participants and see if they can get a fire going. Example: Fire steel, some tinder, ...

December 17, 5:43pm

Re: Re: MLD PACK SALE
Ron, So is this option on the packs going to replace the Exodus FS as a stand alone product? Sounds like it is, but wanted to double check and to find out if there is a Exodus FS for 2014 how...

December 17, 3:08pm

Re: Burning things at the 6th Annual G.G.G. and Events/Activities
Ken, Welcome back and good to see you here. I agree with not having the gear swap at the campsite. I think that it would make sense for venders to bring in what they can and want as displa...

December 17, 2:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm