BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 131 - 140 of 1456 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...146

Forum » Thread

Re: Sawyer fast fill quick disconnect accessory
Katharina, Good point. My plan is to use the squeeze bag that comes with the filter in camp, when I am not too concerned with speed of refilling up. I don't think that I would have muc...

In GEAR » New Sawyer mini: Gravity filtration vs. squeeze concept
November 03, 11:00am

Re: Sawyer fast fill quick disconnect accessory
David, I have seen these two....only thing that I don't like is that they add more parts/weight. More importantly, it concerns me that it is just another point of possible failure if the ...

November 03, 10:25am

Re: Platypus bags and Sawyer mini threading compatibility
Ken is right, I am NOT using a platypus, but Nalgene wide mouth cantene. http://www.rei.com/product/670588/nalgene-wide-mouth-cantene-32-fl-oz The weight of both the Nalgene and Jetflow c...

November 03, 10:11am

Re: New Sawyer mini: Gravity filtration vs. squeeze concept
David, I am looking to switch off my black Sawyer filter to the mini. I think that the squeeze method might be a more simple solution vs. a gravity filter if you are talking about providing w...

November 02, 11:16pm

Re: MLife Blue Light Specials
Ken & Roger, I stand corrected....my error! I did not realize that there were benefits provided to MLifers. I don't seem to be on the mailing list for the MLife special offers. ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers
November 01, 12:22pm

Re: Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers
I have not read all the comments here and I have never received any emails that were addressed to MLifers. Anyway, I think that it is great and about time that they had some form of revenue gene...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers
October 31, 5:08pm

Re: WTB (MLD) rain chaps
Joe, I just got home from work and had a chance to check my gear box. I have all the parts: 1. Bungie cord from around the waist with the two plastic hooks/attachments to each leg 2. 2 ...

In Gear Swap » WTB (MLD) rain chaps
October 30, 9:51pm

Joe, I just want to make sure that I have the plastic clips and bungie cords for them. If I am missing anything, I will let you know and you can see about contacting Ron at MLD for any missin...

October 30, 3:19pm

Joe, I have a pair of MLD Rain Chaps that are 3 years old...only been used a handful of times. Happy to pay it forward to you for free.....other people have been similarly generous to me, so ...

October 30, 11:26am

Re: Buying a silnylon tarp today........
Tarps pretty much come down to the choice of silnylon or cuben, in terms of the choice of fabrics. Silnylon is cheaper, where cuben maybe to 2-3 times the cost of a silnylon tarp and a lighter m...

In GEAR » Buying a Tarp today........
October 30, 11:16am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm